JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Internal Revenue Service is investigating longtime National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre for possible criminal tax fraud related to his personal taxes, according to people familiar with the matter.

Tax fraud is serious business, LaPierre better hope he hired a really good accounting firm.

I didn't post this out of any animus towards Mr. LaPierre, I'm a life patron NRA member. Here's hoping he prevails with this case lest we all get tarred with the same brush.

Thanks Kruel J, WSJ sends me alerts but I'm too cheap to subscribe so they won't let me read or link their articles :)

WSJ sucks, like the rest of them. Here's a link I found that doesn't require subscribing:

As a lifelong self-employed individual I've learned a few things about federal tax obligations. The number 1 rule is don't play loose on the income side of the ledger. Expenses are open to a degree of interpretation, unless grossly overstated it may get you a "pay-up" and "don't let it happen again". IRS gets really pissed when income is unreported or disguised. I can't even imagine what screwing around with 501c3 money gets a person; maybe Wayne will let us know someday.

But the IRS never investigated/audited the Clinton Foundation.

The IRS more or less runs a computer program once a year to look for returns worthy of audit, and for obvious arithmetic errors.

Criminal referrals to the IRS which result from criminal investigations into other matters have little to do with personal or political adversaries and more to do with statutory requirements to investigate such matters as they pertain to tax evasion.

My best guess is no credible statutory entanglements resulted from whomever may have investigated the Clintons.

Personally, I believe the NY AG has a dislike for the NRA and LaPierre by extension. Does every NY criminal investigation of this sort which uncovers other matters result in a referral to the IRS or otherwise? Probably not. Unequal treatment? Probably.

That's where the words "squeaky clean" come into play, anything short of that is playing with fire.

Given that the IRS is actually operated by the Department of the Treasury, wouldn't by extension that mean that Trump's administration is the one initiating it?
All those inside the "beltway" have a vested interest in making certain that nothing changes. Government at all levels is the enemy of the people. The government that governs least, governs best.

Again, the IRS is the tool used to go after the right...

:s0054:

True, they have, and in modern times almost exclusively toward the right. Not the least of which during the administration of one BHO.

Though I might point out it was documented that Richard "Tricky Dicky" Nixon also employed said agency for political reasons. What is recorded on the Nixon tapes, circa May 13, 1971, talking to his aides about job qualifications for the next commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, leaves no doubts:

"I want to be sure he is a ruthless son of a b¡tch, that he will do what he's told, that every income tax return I want to see I see, that he will go after our enemies and not go after our friends ... Now it's as simple as that. If he isn't, he doesn't get the job."​
Indeed, the IRS has been weaponized for political reasons. There is only one way to prevent it ever happening again, but I'm not holding my breath that that will ever happen in my lifetime.

Back to the topic on hand; I'm not seeing many specifics. If Wayne is, in fact, guilty of a crime, then let the gears of justice turn. If this a politically motivated hitjob, it needs to stop, and those responsible held accountable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top