JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sure would not have handled it that way. First, there is no reason to waste cops time getting them involved right away. Second if she could provide evidence of being the owner I would turn it back to her. I would use the opportunity to complement her on carrying but also follow it with a you could have really f'ed up and should be more careful. I would also provide references to women groups that train together.

What do you think her impression of you was? I bet it was not of a person that posts on a gun forum.
I think the OP handled it the right way. If someone leaves a firearm in a public restroom it is horrible. More horrible yet would be handing a firearm back to the wrong person based on their appearance. I can think of a couple of really bad outcomes. I am a little disappointed that the cops didn't take more interest in the situation, but for a business to transfer a firearm without some proof of ownership is asking for all kinds of trouble.

I think the OP handled it the right way. If someone leaves a firearm in a public restroom it is horrible. More horrible yet would be handing a firearm back to the wrong person based on their appearance. I can think of a couple of really bad outcomes. I am a little disappointed that the cops didn't take more interest in the situation, but for a business to transfer a firearm without some proof of ownership is asking for all kinds of trouble.
If it were a sketchy looking person, I'd hesitate to return it, in case it might be stolen. My thinking is you'd have to be pretty whacked out or thug-life to go back and ask if anyone had seen your stolen gun. On the other hand, if your name is associated with the serial number, you're probably going back no matter how embarrassing/scary it is.

Drift like a boss
r.com%2fpics%2fcomment%2fgif-car-race-drift-492360.gif

riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.reactiongifs.com%2fr%2f146347.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR