JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I received a phone call from a customer stating they were inside of our restrooms and had found a gun… in light of last nights shooting, I didn't know what I'm walking into. I took every precaution I could to make contact and procure the pistol. It was loaded and ready to go. I put it in our safe until LE arrived. The citizen who reported it was upstanding, and soon after I have a petite blonde telling me she's sorry and that it was her gun. I told her the police were on their way and that she could deal with them and that I was in no way gonna give her the gun. When LE showed up I explained that when I release this weapon to you that you need to exit the store before you return it. They walked out…He never questioned her or asked for her CPL… just handed it right to her and left…. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!! Seriously had no words for her while on the clock🤘
I'm just glad no kids or vagrants got ahold of it! Rant over!!

Oh, just another fashion accessory that was out of sight, out of mind. However, at least in Washington, a quick check of owner or weapon will reveal the registration.

I sure would not have handled it that way. First, there is no reason to waste cops time getting them involved right away. Second if she could provide evidence of being the owner I would turn it back to her. I would use the opportunity to complement her on carrying but also follow it with a you could have really f'ed up and should be more careful. I would also provide references to women groups that train together.

What do you think her impression of you was? I bet it was not of a person that posts on a gun forum.

WOW! While I am glad the gal carries I hope she learns to be FAR more careful. Last thing she needs is for someone to find that damn gun and it end up at some crime. I too would have been far nicer to her as the last thing we need right now is to alienate more gun owners. I would certainly warn her that if her gun fell into the wrong hands that way she could be looking at HUGE legal hassles and cost but praised her for having a means to protect herself.

I think stupidity should have a high cost. Forgetting a loaded pistol in a public place is extremely irresponsible and could have drastic results. I support the op in how he handled this. I would have done something similar.

After the Soros/BLM organized assault on LE, we are seeing a vastly dumbed-down version of "protect and serve". Massive hiring is now taking place, with 10-15K hiring bonuses. Sadly, as it was with L.A. and Miami in the 1980s, we are going to suffer through a period involving officers who are incapable, unwilling or just plain criminals.

I sure would not have handled it that way. First, there is no reason to waste cops time getting them involved right away. Second if she could provide evidence of being the owner I would turn it back to her. I would use the opportunity to complement her on carrying but also follow it with a you could have really f'ed up and should be more careful. I would also provide references to women groups that train together.

What do you think her impression of you was? I bet it was not of a person that posts on a gun forum.
Couldn't of said it any better! You should spread gun safety awareness positively. Don't be a Karen.

Couldn't of said it any better! You should spread gun safety awareness positively. Don't be a Karen.
Well put. No need to punish someone just because they've upset you. It's not up to you to bring forth whatever your brand of justice might be. Put the pitchfork down, take a deep breath and think about how you'd hope someone would treat you. Then do it my way. :D

So some kid gets hurt from having access to the loaded pistol in the bathroom, lets say it drops on the floor and goes off - its a learning lesson? What message are we sending - its ok to be irresponsible with a loaded fire arm because its a mistake. We can only hope she learned something, bet she doesnt forget the incident.

After the Soros/BLM organized assault on LE, we are seeing a vastly dumbed-down version of "protect and serve". Massive hiring is now taking place, with 10-15K hiring bonuses. Sadly, as it was with L.A. and Miami in the 1980s, we are going to suffer through a period involving officers who are incapable, unwilling or just plain criminals.
Sadly I have been just waiting for the disasters from this I know are coming. They had so much fun demonizing Cops that a LOT of them packed it in or moved out of the heavily blue places. So now those who begged for no Cops are screaming they need Cops. A LOT of people will get hired who should never have the job and we all know the results that follow. :(

So some kid gets hurt from having access to the loaded pistol in the bathroom, lets say it drops on the floor and goes off - its a learning lesson? What message are we sending - its ok to be irresponsible with a loaded fire arm because its a mistake. We can only hope she learned something, bet she doesnt forget the incident.
When does the real situation out way what might have happened? You're just using a hypothetical possibility as a reason to, when that's not the case, take someone's firearm, and waste the time of law enforcement? Why not be a good human and teach someone to be a responsible firearm owner?

We should vote on a common sense law that requires training before anyone can buy a gun. Everyone can agree that will save the lives of all the children of the world and we'll have whirrled peas. Oh wait......!

When does the real situation out way what might have happened? You're just using a hypothetical possibility as a reason to, when that's not the case, take someone's firearm, and waste the time of law enforcement? Why not be a good human and teach someone to be a responsible firearm owner?
Yes, fortunately no one got hurt. We really dont need irresponsible gun owners, it makes the rest of us look bad. Maybe just maybe if we did not have so many bad actors the public would not be inclined to vote for bills like 114.

Yes, fortunately no one got hurt. We really dont need irresponsible gun owners, it makes the rest of us look bad.
If we cannot teach people to be responsible gun owners, no one from here on out will ever be responsible gun owners. Why not teach someone who has their head in the right place, but are missing some of the details? What if she doesn't have any information about holsters, or where to look for one, or how to use one? My father and grandfather taught me, why not teach someone else?

If we cannot teach people to be responsible gun owners, no one from here on out will ever be responsible gun owners. Why not teach someone who has their head in the right place, but are missing some of the details? What if she doesn't have any information about holsters, or where to look for one, or how to use one? My father and grandfather taught me, why not teach someone else?
Leaving your gun loaded in a public place is not having your head in the right place in my opinion. She should have figured some of that out before carrying in public.

And talking about what ifs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads