JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And this is relevant to the discussion how?
I think so. The post seems to be from the perspective of there but for the grace of God go I. Imagine you own a firearm that takes 10+ round magazines, in a state where you can no longer buy such an item. Depending on the department, it could be years or never before you get it back, and meantime you can't replace it. That would suck.

I think so. The post seems to be from the perspective of there but for the grace of God go I. Imagine you own a firearm that takes 10+ round magazines, in a state where you can no longer buy such an item. Depending on the department, it could be years or never before you get it back, and meantime you can't replace it. That would suck.
So if you act stupid, and place not only my business but also my customers at risk because of your stupidity, and I exercise caution in dealing with the aftermath of your stupidity, I should cut you some slack on the off chance that maybe you were carrying an illegal magazine and therefore might have difficulty in recovering your firearm? Is that what you are saying?

I still love you, Bro. :s0116:

For the record, I did not shame nor demeanor this women.
Shaming and demeaning is not restricted to words. By action, making it a bigger deal than it might have needed to be, involving and forcing her to face scrutiny by LE (that could have gone extremely differently and truly f'ed up her life for a long while), taking the role of one superior by denying her access to her property.... that can all cause a person to feel more shame and as if they are being demeaned over their simple mistake.

No one has any idea what might have been a contributing factor to the error. Plain stupidity? Maybe. Got an emergency call that put her in shock and ran out in a panic without thinking? Not likely, but the point being.. don't assume everyone that makes a mistake is just an irresponsible and dangerous dumba**.

Someone else posted and I agree. Treat people how you would like to be treated in that situation.

That said, in a place of business and you're just an employee... I'm not going to comment on what was right or wrong in that situation, but... make NO mistake... your actions most certainly did shame and demean her.

Not specificly responding to to dirty-30, but just in general after reading the thread... we sure gotta lot more karen's/ken's than I thought we did around here. :s0140:

A "teaching moment" does not require anyone to lecture or provide reminders and instruction to another to qualify. Frankly, I think it's kind of hilarious that some folks seem to think it's their civic reponsibility to put people in their place by "educating them". (Half the time they are ill informed and full of bubblegum, anyway).

The moment, in and of itself, when she realized the grave mistake she had made IS... in and of itself... the "teaching moment" for her that she likely won't forget. Whatever info all our karen's and ken's might believe should have been imparted to the girl would serve no valueable purpose... other than to make themselves feel better about what a great upstanding citizen they are and their great deed for the day by scolding the girl good and proper.

Just sayin....

Mistakes don't often come without some consequences! It's not a matter of "shaming" a mistake was made!
"Go stand in the corner, think about what you did while I decide what to do with you." (no matter how politely you say it) Then follow up by causing them to have to go have a talk with the principal.... that's most definately shaming someone when a simple "Whoa buddy! Didn't mean to do THAT now did ya!?" would do. :s0155:

They'll be kicking themselves just fine all on their own without someone having to impose their great wisdom and council on them and make a mountain out of a brain fart.

Like I said. Too many karen's/ken's in society today.

What I find amusing is that some posters seem to think the OP's actions reflect negatively of the "firearms community." Like, was he wearing a name tag at work that said "Bob, Official Representative of the Firearms Community"?

I don't understand why people put their guns on the back of the toilet, or on top of the toilet paper dispenser, etc. If you have to take your gun off, it goes in the legs of your pants. There's no way you can walk out of the stall without it.

And you never want to hang it on the hook on the door either. Someone can easily reach over and steal it.

So if you act stupid, and place not only my business but also my customers at risk because of your stupidity, and I exercise caution in dealing with the aftermath of your stupidity, I should cut you some slack on the off chance that maybe you were carrying an illegal magazine and therefore might have difficulty in recovering your firearm? Is that what you are saying?

I still love you, Bro. :s0116:
:D

Nope. I Washington State, for example, it is currently legal to own and carry 10+ mags, but it's not legal to buy any more of them.

Do people randomly make calls to see if a firearm was found in a specific location at a specific business? The answer is obviously NO. It was obviously her gun, so give it back to her. Some of the attitudes here show exactly why 114 passed.
The range I am a member of when you sign in wants your phone #. I asked one time if this was why and was told yes. That they do find peoples guns now and then at a station. I tend to double and triple check every trip as I am always afraid I will be back there red face, saying "hi you called I left one of my guns in the back. " :eek:

I don't understand why people put their guns on the back of the toilet, or on top of the toilet paper dispenser, etc. If you have to take your gun off, it goes in the legs of your pants. There's no way you can walk out of the stall without it.

And you never want to hang it on the hook on the door either. Someone can easily reach over and steal it.
When they all had the old tank this was a common enough thing that many were all red faced when it happened to them. Have been some LEO's this happened too. One famous recent one was the DC Cop who shot that woman during the riot. He had left his service piece in a can after using it. Every time I am forced to use a public crapper I too put it where I can not forget it for just this reason. Scares hell out of me that I will be the next one to do it if I don't.

When they all had the old tank this was a common enough thing that many were all red faced when it happened to them. Have been some LEO's this happened too. One famous recent one was the DC Cop who shot that woman during the riot. He had left his service piece in a can after using it. Every time I am forced to use a public crapper I too put it where I can not forget it for just this reason. Scares hell out of me that I will be the next one to do it if I don't.
Obviously the ol' prison wallet carry won't work during that particular function…..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top