JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But do they have a hammer block if they hit the hammer in a fall?

I shot one that belonged to a buddy... I'm remembering a decocker, is that right??

Wife has ours at work right now but I think it drops the hammer when you flip the safety on. In any case I think the odds of this happening like they are trying to say is beyond lightning strike. I would lay a C note on he was playing with the damn pistol and set it off. Of course if he did he does not want to admit that.

So why no charges?
And a firearm doesn't just discharge. Walmart has a crap ton of cameras I would love to see the footage of this.
I call BS, plus an extra helping of stupid
The PD is short-handed @ the moment. Give them time to complete the investigation and "maybe" charges will be filed.
But since the bullet evaporated into thin air after leaving the barrel, as there was "no damage", there might not be any charges filed. (Don't make me explain sarcasm) o_O

Dan

EPS, that just made my day as I am sitting here thinking I really do not want to go to work tonight. I'm glad I was not trying to eat when I saw it.
Kind of reminded me of a bit Crowder does, "You forgot the one in the chamber". I wonder if anyone sent this clip to him, it would be great for him to use when he does that segment. Thanks for posting that!!!

Last Edited:
So I have a guy at work that was Army and some type of company leader or camanding officer .in Iraq
I forget what but he told me a story kinda like this.
They just came back to a FOB .
and they were at the gate and had to unload there guns or at least take the round from the chamber .
So one of his guys racks the m4 back bullet flys out he pointed the gun at the barrel they had pulls trigger Bam .
Then racks it again pulls trigger Bam.
By this time he said the guard on the wall is turning a 50 cal in there direction.
As he kicks him in the back knocking him down.
Screaming at him.
You have to remove the mag you #@#&-($(-#@&())))-_$#-()/&__ IDIOT.

So I have a guy at work that was Army and some type of company leader or camanding officer .in Iraq
I forget what but he told me a story kinda like this.
They just came back to a FOB .
and they were at the gate and had to unload there guns or at least take the round from the chamber .
So one of his guys racks the m4 back bullet flys out he pointed the gun at the barrel they had pulls trigger Bam .
Then racks it again pulls trigger Bam.
By this time he said the guard on the wall is turning a 50 cal in there direction.
As he kicks him in the back knocking him down.
Screaming at him.
You have to remove the mag you #@#&-($(-#@&())))-_$#-()/&__ IDIOT.
LOL, hey some learn really slow. Early job was at a market. One new kid cut his finger real good cleaning slicer. When boss asked him how he managed he turned machine on, grabbed a rag and before the boss could stop him did it again. I almost fell on the floor laughing as boss is running out the door with him to take him to get hand stitched up.

If your pistol is dropped and goes bang, you need to choose another pistol. I've had a Glock jump it's holster on a run and pass me like a hub cap coming off driving down the road, it did not go bang.

LOL, hey some learn really slow. Early job was at a market. One new kid cut his finger real good cleaning slicer. When boss asked him how he managed he turned machine on, grabbed a rag and before the boss could stop him did it again. I almost fell on the floor laughing as boss is running out the door with him to take him to get hand stitched up.
Dude I $#!+ You not I know a guy who got a new hedge trimmer.
He plugged it in and pulled the trigger and it started .he looks at the blades witch are going back and forth so fast you can't see them moving.
He says I don't think it's working.
Puts his finger in them.
Lol ITS WORKING FINE.
BUT HE LOST THE TIP OF HIS FINGER.

Last Edited:
He plugged it in and pulled the trigger and it started .he looks at the blades witch are going back and forth so fast you can't see them moving.
Puts his finger in them.
Lol ITS WORKING FINE.
Did he try to sue them after? :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Next time you buy a fan belt for your car read the the back.
It actually says .
BE SURE THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING BEFORE INSTALL.

Puts his finger in them.
Lol ITS WORKING FINE.

He'd probably grab a hot tail pipe, too.

Last Edited:
If I recall correctly, the decocker/safety has to be ON Safe to rotate the hammer block in place. I am not sure which has a lower percentage of happening:

Fired when dropped or Fired after a long heavy DA trigger pull.

Puts his finger in them.
Lol ITS WORKING FINE.
Slaps forehead! :eek:

If I recall correctly, the decocker/safety has to be ON Safe to rotate the hammer block in place. I am not sure which has a lower percentage of happening:

Fired when dropped or Fired after a long heavy DA trigger pull.

Similar to the Walther PPK, the safety rotated-on blocks the hammer from hitting the firing pin. I don't think the early 83's have a firing pin disconnect when carried off safe, hammer down (like a series 70 vs 80 1911), but I'm not sure. A fall impact on a decocked hammer, off safe, could discharge a round.

Last Edited:
Next time you buy a fan belt for your car read the the back.
It actually says .
BE SURE THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING BEFORE INSTALL.
Every time you read something like that remember. Some Darwin Award runner up did that. Hair dryer's long ago came with a huge tag that is real hard to remove warning you not to use in while in the shower. All these things came about by people who wanted huge pay outs after hurting themselves. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top