JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Irresponsible Firearm Owner of the Day

Man accidentally drops firearm inside Richland, Washington Walmart causing it to discharge. Luckily no one was hurt.

Color me very skeptical of this "news". Gun was in a jacket and jacket was dropped with gun inside and it fired. Possible of course, a few firearms have had drop fire problems but, I read too many "news stories" where the gun "just went off". You know a lot of these someone pulled the trigger then when they are standing there red faced it's "the gun just went off".

Careful.......or we will next see a push for a legal list of acceptable firearms to CCW.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

I called Richland PD & it's under investigation so no other news.
What an idiot..
Per KEPR TV..."No property was damaged." I guess the bullet must have evaporated after it left the barrel.

Dan

Silver lining:

"Nobody was hurt"

"There will be no arrest or charges against the man at this time."

According to the article: It was an accident

As most of us know, accidents happen. Be safe out there.

Per Richland PD this morning, it was a Bersa model 83. (.380)
I'm going with Alexx1401 on this one unless something new is revealed. The PD is short staffed this morning.

Dan

Per Richland PD this morning, it was a Bersa model 83. (.380)
I'm going with Alexx1401 on this one unless something new is revealed. The PD is short staffed this morning.

Dan
Have had many of these over the years. Now I have even more doubt it is as he is trying to claim. Unless this idiot is going to claim he had the pistol cocked in the coat pocket it did not fire when the coat was dropped. The D/A pull on these is LONG and not easy. He was playing with the damn pistol in his pocket.

Have had many of these over the years. Now I have even more doubt it is as he is trying to claim. Unless this idiot is going to claim he had the pistol cocked in the coat pocket it did not fire when the coat was dropped. The D/A pull on these is LONG and not easy. He was playing with the damn pistol in his pocket.

But do they have a hammer block if they hit the hammer in a fall?

I shot one that belonged to a buddy... I'm remembering a decocker, is that right??

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top