JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a bicycle accident, he wasn't on a rocket. He was riding his bicycle and got hit by a car.

And it is a sad story. A guy spent his formidable years on a machine that could propel him from 0-60 in the blink of an eye and approach 200 in the straights, and yet be taken by a car while riding his bicycle. Sad story indeed.

Yeah, got all that! R.I.P. too bad for the poor fellow! Whoa irony! Better?

By the way, never heard of the guy.

Easy, Sgt, was just clarifying. He wasn't a big name like Earnhardt, and I thought members should know actually what happened.

Oh he was a huge name in motorcycle racing,scootin' along with "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi at ungodly speeds. Yeah he was as big a name as anyone.....if you know anything about GP bikes.
(I wouldn't put it past someone to have bumped him on purpose over there)
That's a terrible thing to happen to a young kid. Heck some NFL players have no motorcycle clauses in their contracts:eek:
I'll tell you what,I didn't need any more reasons to not ride on the roads any more. A guy from Idaho got killed this same way in Virginia last week. Plenty of off road places to explore ant too many cell phones in drivers hands

Oh he was a huge name in motorcycle racing,scootin' along with "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi at ungodly speeds. Yeah he was as big a name as anyone.....if you know anything about GP bikes.
(I wouldn't put it past someone to have bumped him on purpose over there)
That's a terrible thing to happen to a young kid. Heck some NFL players have no motorcycle clauses in their contracts:eek:
I'll tell you what,I didn't need any more reasons to not ride on the roads any more. A guy from Idaho got killed this same way in Virginia last week. Plenty of off road places to explore ant too many cell phones in drivers hands
Yup, my next one will be a dual sport along the 1200 or 1300GS. I saw too much crazy shyte on the roads, and my riding style is dangerous enough as it is.

It was a bicycle accident, he wasn't on a rocket. He was riding his bicycle and got hit by a car.

And it is a sad story. A guy spent his formidable years on a machine that could propel him from 0-60 in the blink of an eye and approach 200 in the straights, and yet be taken by a car while riding his bicycle. Sad story indeed.

This is the main reason I quit riding bicycles decades ago (I rode my first century before most here were born); the road had just become too dangerous, I had too many close calls with idiot drivers. It is even worse now. I always watch for bicycles and give them room, but coming home up the mountain this time of year I always have to avoid at lest 3 or four bicyclists coming over the mountain and it can be hard on the right hand corners to see them before you are right on them - especially when they ride in the rain.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top