Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Iron Clad AK-47 Milled

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Glock Jock, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

I have looked for reviews regarding the Iron Clad Milled AK and can't find much about them. Sold on Atlantic firearms website and 1-2 others. Does anybody here have any experience with this company or gun?

I am also curious about the RAK Russian Red AK-47, I believe Red Jacket makes them. Does anybody know if that is a 1.5mm receiver and also why is a stamped AK cost so much? It looks great but that price tag is hefty.

2. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I would imagine that the iron clad ak is a newer company building ak's with US made barrels and receivers. For a shooter it would be fine but from a collector standpoint I don't see it being a desirable rifle.

As far as the Russian RAK, i've heard conflicting reports. Some say they are made off of 60s and 70s Tula parts kits. Other say they are just converted saigas. It's hard to say. I'm leaning toward the converted saiga theory. Either way, seems like a decent rifle.

If it were me and I was wanting to buy a high quality rifle then I would spend a little more and buy a krebs ak. Doesn't get much better than that.

3. Glock Jock

I have read the RAK's were converted russian rifles.

And I was looking at the Krebs last night and noticed they also have stamped receivers and have a huge price tag, what is it about them that makes them so expensive?

I honestly am looking at the Arsenal SLR-101s for just over $1000.

4. 22many

Saiga are Russian made so you would be correct on the rak being a Russian made rifle.

I handled and shot a friends krebs ak earlier this year. I was hesitant because I couldn't justify how much $$$ it is for a ak. After handling and shooting I will say they are very nice rifle. It was the most smoothest, accurate ak I've ever shot. The rifles are made off of Russian kits and do have the Hammer forged barrel which is Customized for better accuracy. The trigger parts were all hand polished for the smoothest pull of and ak I've ever felt. The action and the safety are also very smooth. Fit and finish is all above other ak's also. I can see why they have the big price tag. They are basically a custom built ak.

Arsnels are good ak's. I honestly think they are a little overpriced but alot of people like them.

5. Glock Jock

thanks for the info.

Seems like no matter what kind of gun you want you get what you pay for. Just going to hav eto save a little more and buy the one I really want.

6. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

7. 22many

There are also alot of good ak's on the used market also. I'm partial to yugo ak's but have several other variants that are just as realible. It really comes down to how picky you are, how much you wanna spend, if you gonna keep the rifle, and it's intended usage. Either way, let us know what you ended up with.

8. Glock Jock

no problem. by the time I have the money i will have put hours into picking it and hopfully get what I want. And you're right about the used market, I've been looking a lot on gunbroker.com. Quite a few good deals!