JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This will have zero effect. Oil is a fungible commodity. Iran will sell its oil to somebody; likely Turkey. The same amount of oil will be on the global market as before. The price will thus be unchanged by their action.

They already are India to buy oil from Iran with Gold. Thier goes the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency

India to buy Iranian Oil with Gold | Thfire.com - iNews
Take a look at available bullion reserves globally, then look at how much oil is consumed in a single day. Do the math, and you will see that gold is not going to be replacing dollars as a medium of exchange for trade. There was a concern that the euro could replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency, but recent event in Europe have squashed that idea for the foreseeable future.

Take a look at available bullion reserves globally, then look at how much oil is consumed in a single day. Do the math, and you will see that gold is not going to be replacing dollars as a medium of exchange for trade. There was a concern that the euro could replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency, but recent event in Europe have squashed that idea for the foreseeable future.

This might explain the world wide gold rush as old mines are re-opened, Winnimuca, Elko areas are booming, of course the cartels will service that new Market along with the Jihadies. Great place for an American Mad Max slap down!

This has more to do with collapsing refinery capacity in America than anything else. It is almost impossible to build new refineries thanks to government regs and enviro lawsuits. Existing refineries are shutting down because they cannot make a profit. We are going to be importing more and more refined gasoline and diesel instead of refining it here. That means higher gas prices and fewer jobs domestically. :(

Actually we when the price of gasoline starting going down the oil companies found a way to raise the price and increase profits read this artice Gasoline: The next big U.S. export - Dec. 5, 2011

I have two nephews that work at the Maraton Oil refinery in detroit, they have huge and I mean huge profit sharing checks since started working there a few years ago, the old timers say the profit sharing sharing checks and the refineries were never so good at what they are now.

The reason for increase in prices in the U.S. is speculators, exports to keep inventories low to keep prices up and supply from the middle east, as a traded commodity. But if there is a hickup in our imports you will see the prices go through the roof.

This has more to do with collapsing refinery capacity in America than anything else. It is almost impossible to build new refineries thanks to government regs and enviro lawsuits. Existing refineries are shutting down because they cannot make a profit. We are going to be importing more and more refined gasoline and diesel instead of refining it here. That means higher gas prices and fewer jobs domestically. :(

Okay, I will try to say this as politely as possible. You are correct that refinery capacity decline is a big of this. That said, I don't think collapsing is the best term especially if you are going to pair it with a statement about them not making a profit :huh: tied to govt regs and enviro lawsuits. You would be hard pressed to convince many people that refineries don't have some of the most influential lobbyists in D.C. So to think that govt regs are really getting in the way is EXACTLY what they want sheeple to think. Also, I am sure that any enviro group that had a lawsuit with that much impact would shouting it from the mountain tops.

No, the only reason capacity is down is because they want it to be down to drive the price up. Period, end of story.

Lets not forget the core reason Iran is being targeted for aggression - A nation without a central bank cannot be enslaved with debt (usually due to war). No central bank and/or trying to deviate from the dollar? You are on the hit list.

Okay, I will try to say this as politely as possible. You are correct that refinery capacity decline is a big of this. That said, I don't think collapsing is the best term especially if you are going to pair it with a statement about them not making a profit :huh: tied to govt regs and enviro lawsuits. You would be hard pressed to convince many people that refineries don't have some of the most influential lobbyists in D.C. So to think that govt regs are really getting in the way is EXACTLY what they want sheeple to think. Also, I am sure that any enviro group that had a lawsuit with that much impact would shouting it from the mountain tops.

No, the only reason capacity is down is because they want it to be down to drive the price up. Period, end of story.
A lot of people like to believe that evil corporations totally control everything. If only things were really that simple. They are not.

The fact is that in 2008, refinery capacity in America stopped rising and started going down for the first time in our history. Meanwhile, demand has been increasing. Those are the facts. Research it for yourself, then come back and talk to me.

A lot of people like to believe that evil corporations totally control everything. If only things were really that simple. They are not.

The fact is that in 2008, refinery capacity in America stopped rising and started going down for the first time in our history. Meanwhile, demand has been increasing. Those are the facts. Research it for yourself, then come back and talk to me.

Yes sir, you did state that capacity is going down in your first post and I agreed with you then. Now that you have reiterated that fact, I will agree with you again.

Now since you asked me to check my facts when I am agreeing with you, I will ask you to check your facts when I disagree with you about your statement of demand increasing. In fact I will make it really easy for you. Read the article knuckle Head posted in this thread. It clearly states, "But demand for gas has dropped nearly 10% in recent years. It went from a peak of 9.6 million barrels a day in 2007 to 8.8 million barrels today, according to the EIA."

Interesting article on the coming fall of the petrodollar...

A Very Different Take On The "Iran Barters Gold For Food" Story | ZeroHedge

Just remember that dispite all of this information, despite Obama, despite Syria, Egypt, Iran, Hizboallah on the border and 10,000s of OTM sneeking into the US, despite Holder
If you have more than a weeks worth of food, and white, your a 'potential terrorist'

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top