Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Ipod

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GunBit45, Dec 31, 2009.

1. GunBit45

GunBit45 Oregon Active Member

FYI,

A friend of my wife's bought a brand new ipod. Hooked it up to the computer to download some music. Turned out the ipod was made in China and had a level 5 virus on it. They are still trying to fix the computer, as the virus transferrd from the ipod to the computer.

2. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

That bites, where did he buy it.

3. GunBit45

Not sure where it was purchased, but apparently it is a common occurence. I will try to find out where and post it.

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Was it actually an Ipod, or a cheap knock off?

5. GunBit45

It was an 8 gig Ipod, $149.00 purchased at Fred Meyer.

6. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

I got mine at Costco, no problems so far.

I have had problems with Freddies before, they will often restock returned merchandise without checking its condition, I bought a pop up canopy and it turned out to have been used before, it was bent up. Bought a BBQ from them years ago and I think it had been returned because it was missing the burners.

I would return it and explain what happened and see about them covering the cost of fixing the puter it infected.