JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone got any thoughts after the announcement yesterday? I am a little torn, nothing really ground shaking that I saw, yet not sure I want to jump platforms to a Samsung.

I don't think anyone really argues that apple is no longer technically superior, yet they do work the smoothest without lots of tweaking and customization.

I would be upgrading from an iphone4

What are you guys doing? And why?

Lets hear it!
Steven

I've got my iPhone 5S that I will be keeping until it is dead. My wife will probably be getting the iPhone 6 once she is eligible for upgrade due to her Droid acting up and she likes the idea of being able to have everything on her iPad mini that I got her to be able to sync with her phone and vice versa. I honestly haven't even looked at any of the specs on the 6 yet. One thing that I will never do is buy the first round of stuff...just too many bugs that will have to most likely be worked out. Just for the heck of it, I just looked on ebay...there are some auctions going on now for pre-orders of that thing that have bids and are currently at over $2000!!!!! That is insane! I've got a lot better things to spend my money on that overpaying JUST to be able to say I got it first.

Apple has been superior, but the others are cloning it fast.

I hate Microsoft (I'll rarely use the word hate) and will do everything I can to spend my money elsewhere.

This is after first being die hard Macintosh, then PC in the late 80's, then back to Apple about 6 years ago .

Apple has you pay a premium up front for high end hardware, then gives you the software free.

The others nickel and dime you to death IMO.

- this may just be in the computer world, but I'm still spending at apple to keep them in business.

-and it works well with my MacBook.

although parts of me wish I never crossed over into smartphone territory...Now I use the dumb thing for so much with work and play that I can't see myself without it at this point. Big thing is keeping in touch with family when I am gone with FaceTime and all that stuff.

Oh, and there is a decent speed increase between the 4 and 4s. I would upgrade to the 4s as a minimum. Adds Siri (which is cool and sucks) talking directions on the GPS map etc, and a few other goodies ontop of faster operation.

Im with you, its a love/hate relationship. The last time I got a new phone I stuck with the 4S because I was too cheap to buy all new cords. By the time you buy a new charger for each rig and all the accessory it costs more than the phone upgrade did. If the 4S is still around when I can upgrade again I'll probably get a third one. I am sure the new one is spiffy, but I cant use 10% of what the "old" one is capable of and the last thing I want is anything bigger. If it wont fit in my Carhartt leg pocket then I have no interest in owning it.

Im with you, its a love/hate relationship. The last time I got a new phone I stuck with the 4S because I was too cheap to buy all new cords. By the time you buy a new charger for each rig and all the accessory it costs more than the phone upgrade did. If the 4S is still around when I can upgrade again I'll probably get a third one. I am sure the new one is spiffy, but I cant use 10% of what the "old" one is capable of and the last thing I want is anything bigger. If it wont fit in my Carhartt leg pocket then I have no interest in owning it.

Ha! It's not just me:) Someone else buys phones based on that pocket lol;)

I'm an android guy. My work gave me an IPhone 5s a while back. Didn't really care for it, but again I've never been a big apple fan. I will probably get the new Note.

For my business plan sprint stated that if I "pre order" and trade in my current phone Ill receive one for free..

Any thoughts on this?
Where I come from you don't get something for nothing..
The tinfoil hat wearer in me thinks somethings up. Anyone hear about the proposed bitcoin type Imoney apple is considering,

Frankly I've found android phones are more than sufficient for leveling tables and other household furniture, and the last time I tried to use an iPhone for opening bottles of beer or cracking nuts they never really measured up. I'm not sure if apple is doing anything to address these deficiencies, but given their previous efforts I'm not hopeful.

I'm furious with iTunes - the way it works and the way it changes Outlook and other things on my laptop. I'll let my current iPhone contract play out and then buy something else. iTunes sucks, and Apple sucks for using iTunes.

Last Edited:
One thing....I will never have a phone that I can't put in my pocket!!! That is just ridiculous!! It's even funnier to watch someone try and talk on the thing without some kind of headset, lol.

One thing....I will never have a phone that I can't put in my pocket!!! That is just ridiculous!! It's even funnier to watch someone try and talk on the thing without some kind of headset, lol.

I borrowed a guys phone at work that had a 5.2" screen to kind of get get an idea of how it would fit in my pocket, fit front and rear pants pockets (where I carry my phone when not driving or sitting) no problem. It honestly when comparted to my 3.5" inch screen right now was not as much bigger as the numbers would suggest. :)

There is a definite advantage to having a phone that fits comfortably into your pocket, even when not wearing dress pants. Just couldn't make the jump to Apple and didn't want the size of the Galaxy S5, so went with the Moto X. Initially, there were a few glitches with syncing with Outlook when landing in a different city, but was able to straighten those out.

For some reason, the larger phones remind me of Maxwell Smart and his shoe phone!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top