JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received an email with a PDF attached from the state DOJ appellate division stating that the ballot title was certified today, stating that, among other reasons, that they did not find it possible to address each comment, and that they did not find it to be unconstitutional in any way.

Screenshot_20200213-165552.png

Here's what it said about constitutionality:

1581645870498.png

As long as the SOS will allow unconstitutional bills to go on the ballot, why not take advantage of the situation. Can you think up some bills you'd like to see on the ballot that may or may not be constitutional? I can! ;)

Here are just a few examples:

1 - Any person who does not support the 2A, as written, may not hold or run for office in the state of Oregon. :D
2 - Any person who proposes a law that would infringe on the 2A, shall be found guilty of "failure to uphold their oath of office", and shall be punished by not less than 10 years in prison. :D
3 - No law or ballot measure may infringe on the 2A. :D
4 - No federal or other law may infringe on the 2A in Oregon. Oregon Law Enforcement, and every citizen are authorized to stop such infringement using any means necessary with no possible criminal or civil liability. :D

Here's what it said about constitutionality:

View attachment 659754

As long as the SOS will allow unconstitutional bills to go on the ballot, why not take advantage of the situation. Can you think up some bills you'd like to see on the ballot that may or may not be constitutional? I can! ;)

Here are just a few examples:

1 - Any person who does not support the 2A, as written, may not hold or run for office in the state of Oregon. :D
2 - Any person who proposes a law that would infringe on the 2A, shall be found guilty of "failure to uphold their oath of office", and shall be punished by not less than 10 years in prison. :D
3 - No law or ballot measure may infringe on the 2A. :D
4 - No federal or other law may infringe on the 2A in Oregon. Oregon Law Enforcement, and every citizen are authorized to stop such infringement using any means necessary with no possible criminal or civil liability. :D
given what it says regarding constitutionality, I doubt it would hold up in court if it gets to that.

Got my reply also. They completly ignored the creation of a "gun registry." No mention or discussion. They are also still pushing the idea that gun sales/transfers can be done without a FFL dealer. Much of what they are doing is trying to scare voters into believing that guns can be obtained without a background check among other things. The only exemption is transferring to relatives that are legal to own guns. No more free willing of your guns to your relatives. Now it is going to be $30-$50 a gun- transfer fee and bkg check.

They still are leaving in biased and emotionally charged language. It is time to finish updating my IRS letter from IP43. Pull their 501(c)3 tax exempt status.

Just got the message to fill out the forms to send to the Oregon Supreme Court for IP60 Title review. I hope that someone is doing this. I am not sure that I will do it - still thinking about it.

Has anyone heard about this or anyone or group that is doing it? Where is the NRA when needed?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top