JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just saying she is NOT Tina Kotek or Ginny Burdick!

Close enough.

Governor Kate Brown Announces Plan to Address Gun Violence
July 15, 2016

Governor Brown also committed to working with the Oregon Legislature during the 2017 session to pass critical gun safety measures. The following three legislative priorities, http://oregon.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4... were outlined by Governor Brown:

• Close the "Charleston Loophole."
• Close the "Boyfriend Loophole."
• Ban extended-capacity magazines. Outlaw the future purchases of extended-capacity magazines in Oregon. This type of ammunition enables individuals to fire repeatedly without the need to reload and significantly increases a shooter's ability to injure and kill large numbers of people.

"Every day in the United States, 22 people die from homicidal gun violence," Governor Brown said. "I urge Congress to ban assault weapons and strengthen anti-terrorist legislation by passing the common sense 'No Fly, No Buy' ban."

Michael Bloomberg donates $250K to Kate Brown campaign
Updated Sep 13, 2016; Posted Sep 13, 2016

Michael Bloomberg's $250,000 donation to the campaign on Oregon Gov. Kate Brown marks the largest single contribution she has received in recent years. The donation comes after Brown, a Democrat, publicly announced support for three pieces of gun control legislation, including a ban of high-capacity ammunition magazines, which the Legislature will consider in 2017.

'End gun violence now': Gov. Kate Brown backs new gun control measures
Posted Feb 21, 2017

22118675-mmmain.jpg

SALEM -- Gov. Kate Brown called for new, stricter gun control measures Tuesday during a press conference with Democratic legislators, Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese and family members of murder victims.

"Violence answers nothing, offers nothing, solves nothing," Brown said. "Instead of reaching for weapons, we must reach for answers. ... As your governor, I call on each of us as Oregonians and as Americans to end gun violence now."
'End gun violence now': Gov. Kate Brown backs new gun control measures

Fact check: Did Kate Brown really sign a gun confiscation bill?
Posted August 29, 2017 at 01:06 PM | Updated August 29, 2017 at 08:28 PM

Does an extreme risk protection order allow for gun confiscation?
Short answer: Yes.

Fact check: Did Kate Brown really sign a gun confiscation bill?

Kate Brown's re-election campaign gets [another] $250,000 from gun control group
Updated Sep 24, 2018; Posted Sep 24, 2018

Gov. Kate Brown has accepted a $250,000 campaign donation from the gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, according to state records.

The organization is funded by billionaire Michael Bloomberg, who personally cut a campaign check for $250,000 to Brown two years ago when she was running for election.

Weren't there pictures of her right before the election with Gabrielle Giffords doing a rally? Can't find them anymore but I was sure I saw them...

Weren't there pictures of her right before the election with Gabrielle Giffords doing a rally? Can't find them anymore but I was sure I saw them...

Gabby Giffords Stumps For Governor Kate Brown

By Pat Boyle
|
Oct 19, 2018 @ 12:27 PM

Gabby-Giffords.jpg

Tualitan, Or. – Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords appeared at a campaign rally in support of Oregon Governor Kate Brown today. Brown talked about what she called her common sense gun reform. Giffords told the crowd at Tualitan Community Park "these are scary times; racism, sexism, lies, violence. It's time to stand up for what's right. It's time for courage. We must do something. We must stop gun violence. Protect our children, our future; let them lead the way." She asked the crowd "do you have the courage to fight? Stand with me; vote, vote vote. "
https://www.kxl.com/gabby-giffords-stumps-for-governor-kate-brown/

Yep there it is. The old rally cry. It's extremely unfortunate that she was a victim of gun violence but using that as a manipulative tactic to scare the masses into believing that gun owners are racists, sexists, liars and violent is inexcusable. I guess if any of us have gone through hardships in life it gives us a hall pass to belligerently attack groups of people under false pretext.

Oh my gosh, y'all are dense. Kate Brown is anti-gun as FUC(bubblegum)K. That's not my point. She's the governor, duh. It is just that I would not call this the KB mafia or anything. She is just a boilerplate prog who does the will of her side. Whatever. To be focused on Brown rather than the rest of the actual anti-gun movement in Oregon is a waste of time. She's a follower, not a leader.

It's as if y'all think I'm saying she is pro-gun or something.

I noticed this door-hanger on my mother-in-law's coffee table. The anti-gun crowd is a persistent bunch.

View attachment 531742

View attachment 531743
I noticed this door-hanger on my mother-in-law's coffee table. The anti-gun crowd is a persistent bunch.

View attachment 531742

View attachment 531743
These people are so ignorant. Most mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Should we assume they want more? Same with public places. Limiting gun owners from being able to carry in these places makes everyone a soft target. SMH

They're certainly betting the Democrat super majority is going to roll gun control through the legislature. And unless those who failed to vote in this last election -or voted because they "just didn't like" a 2A candidate, do something about it, they just may succeed in making Oregon a California suburb. Lotta talk going around, but short of motivating some voters into actually taking a stand, I'm not optimistic. Sort of reminds me of herding our neighbors sheep when I was growing up.

Gabby Giffords Stumps For Governor Kate Brown

By Pat Boyle
|
Oct 19, 2018 @ 12:27 PM

View attachment 532042

Tualitan, Or. – Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords appeared at a campaign rally in support of Oregon Governor Kate Brown today. Brown talked about what she called her common sense gun reform. Giffords told the crowd at Tualitan Community Park "these are scary times; racism, sexism, lies, violence. It's time to stand up for what's right. It's time for courage. We must do something. We must stop gun violence. Protect our children, our future; let them lead the way." She asked the crowd "do you have the courage to fight? Stand with me; vote, vote vote. "
Gabby Giffords Stumps For Governor Kate Brown | KXL

If she really cared about 'gun violence', she could work to put "Shall not Kill" back into teaching and public view. It is NOT a GUN problem, it is a MORALS problem!!!! :s0003:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top