JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know how many people follow the Oregon Firearms Advocates page on facebook. I also saw this posted and on the Clackamas County Community Criminal watch page. Apparently the writers of IP43 have been hard at work rewriting a new ballot measure but with get this 5 round capacity limits....

Below is what was posted on the Facebook page;

Shared from Oregon Firearm Advocates:

"I just want to remind you that people like penny okamoto (cease fire oregon) and people behind "lift every voice" have used their time off from ip43 to refine and rewrite their original bill proposal.

They have expressed support for changing the language of anything greater than a 10rd magazine (as a high capacity magazine) to a 5 ROUND MAGAZINE.

I WILL SAY THAT AGAIN.....THEY WANT TO BAN MAGAZINES AND ANY NON TUBULAR FED FIREARM GREATER THAN 22LR THAT HOLDS......MORE THAN 5 RDS.

I wish I was making this up. I have personally debated this with her, in relation to revolvers and making them into "assault weapons" as some have larger cylinders than 5 rds. She is unwavering and feels that standard is reasonable.

The new bill from the ashes of IP43 will be even more restrictive and more outrageous. With the results of this election cycle it is quite obvious they have more than enough democratic supporters to get their 100k signatures and democrats have Republicans beat in registered voters and voter turnout percentages. With what we currently have to fight with, this new antigun bill will pass.....unless you can get every disenfranchised lazy indifferent gun owner to care about what is going to happen. I have myself posted over and over again what the Democrats are trying to do with banning firearms and I have several pro gun associates who dont even know if they are registered to vote or know what is on the ballot. Oregon is being lost because of voter indifference and ignorance."

I have noticed a few cops with the extended 22 round magazines used for completion because 17 is not enough. We need some sound bytes like this

Reporter: Why did the officers shoot him 13 times?

Police spokes person: Because that was how many times it took.

Her is a tidbit, in a conversation I had once with a very strong anti-gun Senator he said two things about two people.

One, Kevin Starret is uneducated and hateful, and said Penny at Cease Fire was a lunatic, his words not mine.
This coming from someone who has drafted many anti-gun pieces. I do not see this getting thru, the more restrictive and nuts it is the more they will steer away, remember many Democrat Politicians own firearms.

There are many here on this site allowed that freedom to chant away about their sides, when there should only be one voice here.
But not my playground.

This!! When are people going to get it through there thick skulls that third party voting is like dropping the soap in the shower!!! You get bubblegumed in the bubblegum!!:mad:

This coming from someone who has drafted many anti-gun pieces. I do not see this getting thru, the more restrictive and nuts it is the more they will steer away, remember many Democrat Politicians own firearms.

IP 43 was/will be a ballot initiative, put on the ballot by gathering signatures and voted on directly by the people. Politicians, Democrat or Republican, have zero ability to steer it or stop it. That's why it is critically important for us to inoculate and protect ourselves from son-of-IP 43 by passing our own initiative, The Common Firearms Act Oregon - New Petition Oregon 2020-008

Sadly, some gun owners here just don't get it, don't understand it, and don't support it.

I actually hope Ceasefire Oregon tries for a 5 round magazine capacity limit. It increases the chance son-of-IP 43 will be found unconstitutional and be overturned after it passes in blue Oregon.

I guess it's easy to try and find a scapegoat. Unfortunately we live in a world where the public indoctrination camps of our school system have allowed a populace that is apathetically ok with our rights being systematically stripped from us.

But then I'm also finding a scapegoat in blaming the education system ... Or a government that increasingly took power over our lives for selfish means and stripped away the liberties granted to us by our God and our forefathers.

So my blame goes to everyone, people are fallable, and we allowed fallable people to run our lives under the illusion that they were morally superior.

Just sayin'

I resist chocolate (theoretically). We've done a horrible job so far but, Throw the bums out, needs to be what we are saying to them. They have no fear because we haven't done anything to scare them. According to the democrats own literature, in Oregon, there are more republican leaning counties than democrat. Yes the democrat counties have a higher population but when enough people in these outlaying counties vote we don't have to worry about resisting. We'd be winning.

IP 43 was/will be a ballot initiative, put on the ballot by gathering signatures and voted on directly by the people. Politicians, Democrat or Republican, have zero ability to steer it or stop it. That's why it is critically important for us to inoculate and protect ourselves from son-of-IP 43 by passing our own initiative, The Common Firearms Act Oregon - New Petition Oregon 2020-008

Sadly, some gun owners here just don't get it, don't understand it, and don't support it.

I actually hope Ceasefire Oregon tries for a 5 round magazine capacity limit. It increases the chance son-of-IP 43 will be found unconstitutional and be overturned after it passes in blue Oregon.
Gun owners in this state are their own worst enemy. That much is abundantly clear just reading the comments even on this very forum about the common firearms act. It is our one chance to stop IP43 from happening but it will be doomed by our own side by being willfully ignorant on what it does.

Gun owners in this state are their own worst enemy. That much is abundantly clear just reading the comments even on this very forum about the commonIP43 from happening but it will be doomed by our own side.

Well, NY reload with black powder.

I got to calculating this out. A five round black powder firearm on sale can be had for as much as a high point or less right?

The cost of a nice AR15 will buy you what 5 black powder 5 shooters right? That's 25 rounds of ball blasting lead ripping freedom right there. And you can buy spare cylinders.

Yeah ok, we are our own worst enemy.

Outlaws in Brazil have M2 machine guns.

Come and take it.

If prohibition worked then meth wouldn't be on the streets of Portland. And guess what, crap in the black market is worse then when it's available via commercial means.

Just because people are too stupid to realize the way things are now is safer for them isn't my fault.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top