JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Changed my mind. I pity the ______s, who waste their time fighting these meaningless Initiative Petitions. This LEVO group is just trying to sucker us into voting in November but I'm not falling for it.

I'm thinking hard about firing up a webpage with IP17 & IP18 FAQ. The answers would be from my perspective and mostly related to nuts and bolts of the IPs and how the might impact firearm ownership in the State and how they might impact firearm related businesses. Post some questions you think might be on Oregonians minds regarding IP17 & IP18 and maybe that will motivate me to get this done. It could be a great way to bring attention to these IPs so they don't fly in under the radar. I will check in from the mountain top. I have 6hr drive ahead of me this morning.

Look over the supporters pages and faq for ideas.

Last Edited:
Point out that someone who has passed a background check, bought a pistol, obtained a CHL, been trained in how and when to use it self defense and even registered the gun under IP 18 will be prohibited from using it for self defense when they leave their home. So, being a responsible citizen will be rewarded by being put in prison. Perhaps use examples from the news of people who did defend themselves; they'd be criminals under this law.

It's also arguable that renters won't be able to use such a weapon for self defense even in their home; looking up the phrase "immediate control" in legalese it never seems to mean anything about property. Likewise if your name isn't on the deed. Never mind a hotel room or such.

I don't know for certain if the above is true! lol not a lawyer so may not be reading this abominable law correctly.

I'm thinking hard about firing up a webpage with IP17 & IP18 FAQ. The answers would be from my perspective and mostly related to nuts and bolts of the IPs and how the might impact firearm ownership in the State and how they might impact firearm related businesses. Post some questions you think might be on Oregonians minds regarding IP17 & IP18 and maybe that will motivate me to get this done. It could be a great way to bring attention to these IPs so they don't fly in under the radar. I will check in from the mountain top. I have 6hr drive ahead of me this morning.

Look over the supporters pages and faq for ideas.

How can I help?

First and foremost, I would have a condensed list of bullet points summarizing the damage these IPs will do to gun rights. Something that could easily fit on a one page flyer.

Point out that someone who has passed a background check, bought a pistol, obtained a CHL, been trained in how and when to use it self defense and even registered the gun under IP 18 will be prohibited from using it for self defense when they leave their home. So, being a responsible citizen will be rewarded by being put in prison. Perhaps use examples from the news of people who did defend themselves; they'd be criminals under this law.

It's also arguable that renters won't be able to use such a weapon for self defense even in their home; looking up the phrase "immediate control" in legalese it never seems to mean anything about property. Likewise if your name isn't on the deed. Never mind a hotel room or such.

I don't know for certain if the above is true! lol not a lawyer so may not be reading this abominable law correctly.
Remember to the Loony Left, nobody except the police, who they want to defund, should have a non-sporting firearm. In Liberal Blue areas you are required to bend to the will of the woke mob and "sometimes you just have to take a beating".

We should have some examples of how just enforcing existing laws would solve much of the violence problem. For example the murder of Aaron Joseph Danielson in Portland by the 100% ANTIFA Michael Forest Reinoehl on August 29, 2020. Reinoehl had been involved in numerous altercations over that summer which included illegally possessing firearms. Every time the Liberal DA released him and dropped the charges. Reinoehl sent a text message to his teenage son saying, "Sell me the gun for a quarter pound of weed and $100 I'm getting tired of this bubblegum I need a piece now." Reinoehl used that 380 pistol to murder Danielson. Any charges against the teenage son?

You already have with inspiration, I'll let you know when I am ready for some help.
I have IT skills so we could create a web site in response to the Lift Every Voice. I'm happy to help work on a flier as well to distribute to local area gun stores. We could store the template on Google Drive an collaborate, even start a gofundme page or take up a collection here to pay for supplies and web site costs. Reference the web site on the flier and include a link to OR pro 2A groups that are fighting this legislative effort.

Just brainstorming... The point I'd like to make is the L.E.V. team has an army of volunteers and I don't see anyone in the Oregon 2A community doing anything at the moment.

Bellyaching about it will just result in us laying down and getting railroaded.

Looks like IP13 has a web site: https://www.yesonip13.org/
We could do something similar.

Looking at the LEV site, it appears that the Oregon Supreme Court approved their ballot titles:
REDUCTION OF GUN VIOLENCE ACT
REDUCTION OF HARM FROM WEAPONS ACT

So now they have until 07/08/2022 to collect 112,020 signatures, which they will, and it will go on the ballot with these titles in November of next year. I'm pretty sure that most voters looking at the titles without understanding the implications will vote yes.

Is there any way to legally challenge this?

Looking at the LEV site, it appears that the Oregon Supreme Court approved their ballot titles:
REDUCTION OF GUN VIOLENCE ACT
REDUCTION OF HARM FROM WEAPONS ACT

So now they have until 07/08/2022 to collect 112,020 signatures, which they will, and it will go on the ballot with these titles in November of next year. I'm pretty sure that most voters looking at the titles without understanding the implications will vote yes.

Is there any way to legally challenge this?
I doubt legal challenges will be successful and they will be expensive. Defeating it at the ballot box will be our best option.

I have IT skills so we could create a web site in response to the Lift Every Voice. I'm happy to help work on a flier as well to distribute to local area gun stores. We could store the template on Google Drive an collaborate, even start a gofundme page or take up a collection here to pay for supplies and web site costs. Reference the web site on the flier and include a link to OR pro 2A groups that are fighting this legislative effort.

Just brainstorming... The point I'd like to make is the L.E.V. team has an army of volunteers and I don't see anyone in the Oregon 2A community doing anything at the moment.

IT experience? That is great, I suck at it. I will hit you up via PM when I get back to civilization. I have limited internet here.

I am open to all ideas from flyers to signs to bumper stickers, etc. Share your ideas and how we can make them happen at a grassroots level. The big boys are unlikely to bail us out on this one and media is not on our side. We need participation by all gun owners, even those who don't normally hang out with each other.

Flyers with a link to a web site with resources to fight this and a "what you can do" section would be a good start. Some social media presence for visibility would be good as well.

I mean, these are all things the opposition is already doing, not to mention the army of volunteers to collect signatures and talk to people. I couldn't live with myself if I did nothing while this bubblegum passes with flying colors.

This took about 3 minutes to create. I'm sure I can do much, much better with some input from the community here and more time.

say no to IP17 & IP18.png

I hate that type of website with scrolling photos behind white text.

I think the anti california angle might be a good way to approach a part of the campaign. Bumper stickers such as:

"We don't need California's failed gun laws. Vote no on IP 17+18."

"IP 17+18 didn't work in California, and it won't work here. Vote no."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews