JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When it comes to gun control measures, there are basically three types of voters.

1. Voters who will vote for every gun control measure.

2. Voters who will vote against every gun control measure.

3. Then there are voters who will look at the measure and decide if it is "reasonable" gun control or too restrictive.

There is not a group of voters who will look at a gun control measure and say "that measure is not restrictive enough so I am not going to vote for it."

Keep that in mind when you are deciding how to portray IP17 and IP18. With gun control measures the worst case interpretation is likely the right interpretation.
We have pretty much have free rein to describe what these measures will do and the impacts they will have on us and businesses. LEVO is not going to debate us or try to correct us. It's simply a matter of laying out our case in a way most people can understand it and getting that message in front of the people.

Whether or not we have sufficient numbers to defeat it, once everyone is informed, is unknown. But if we lose this fight because people were uninformed, that's on us.

The last time Rev Knutter tried this crap he had a FaceBook page. I tried to politely inform the normies on there and only lasted three posts before my comments were deleted and I was banned from posting on his and several other anti-gun pages.
Interesting. That gives me some extra motivation to mess with his efforts.

Edited original post to reflect my change from opposing IP 17 and IP 18 to ignoring them. It's a trap, LEVO is probably just trolling us so we will take time away from our shooting hobby to try and fight these meaningless Initiative Petitions. Wake up and enjoy your hobby and forget about what the gun grabbers are doing. When it comes to firearms, you are the one that gets to decide what you can possess, purchase, use, etc. Gun grabbers at all levels can piss off.

Changed my mind. I pity the ______s, who waste their time fighting these meaningless Initiative Petitions. This LEVO group is just trying to sucker us into voting in November but I'm not falling for it.

I'm thinking hard about firing up a webpage with IP17 & IP18 FAQ. The answers would be from my perspective and mostly related to nuts and bolts of the IPs and how the might impact firearm ownership in the State and how they might impact firearm related businesses. Post some questions you think might be on Oregonians minds regarding IP17 & IP18 and maybe that will motivate me to get this done. It could be a great way to bring attention to these IPs so they don't fly in under the radar. I will check in from the mountain top. I have 6hr drive ahead of me this morning.

Look over the supporters pages and faq for ideas.

Speaking of voting, if there is a bigger waste of time than opposing IP 17 and IP 18, it's voting on issues around freedom and liberty in Oregon. Save yourself and the vote counters some time and don't bother. Live the way you want to live and let the liberty vampires pretend like they are ruling over you.

If what that posts claims is true, it would be among the stricest gun laws in America. Purchase age of 25 and de-facto ban on handguns wouldn't survive scrutiny in even the most liberal courts. I think this also demonstrates that for the grabbers it was never about "gun safety", it was about taking away people's ability to defend themselves via death by 1000 cuts.

If what that posts claims is true, it would be among the stricest gun laws in America. Purchase age of 25 and de-facto ban on handguns wouldn't survive scrutiny in even the most liberal courts. I think this also demonstrates that for the grabbers it was never about "gun safety", it was about taking away people's ability to defend themselves via death by 1000 cuts.
And it will be ignored.

And it will be ignored.
I am not going to abide by this. This is taking my property which I have lawfully bought and paid for and rendering it useless.

I am a law abiding citizen a taxpayer and an employer of Oregonians. I have never shot anyone in my life.

I guess if they want to put thousands of innocent people in jail we'll see how that turns out for them.

You're all preaching to the choir here, but in all likelihood IP 17 and 18 will be up for vote November 2022. How you choose to fight it is entirely up to you.

You're all preaching to the choir here, but in all likelihood IP 17 and 18 will be up for vote November 2022. How you choose to fight it is entirely up to you.
We will see. Last I heard they were using volunteer signature collectors for these bills. Virtually any citizen initiative bill that doesn't pay it's signature collectors has a VERY low chance of making the ballot. Couple it with the fact they will be collecting signatures primarily in Portland and everyone there is avoiding each other as much as possible due to the pandemic I think they may have a very steep uphill battle. I would still keep an eye on this and watch it closely, but I'm personally not losing a ton of sleep over it.

IMO, the best thing we can do is take as many non-gun owners shooting and introduce them to the sport and hobby to try and shift those votes away from such heavy handed legislation. The old school NRA scare tactics of "THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR FREEDOM" doesn't resonate with the kind of people that will sign these petitions. Those tactics were used to scare current gun owners into giving more money to the NRA so we could pay for LaPierrie to take private jets around with high class hookers 🤣

Last Edited:
Nobody wants to take your guns.jpg

Changed my mind. I pity the ______s, who waste their time fighting these meaningless Initiative Petitions. This LEVO group is just trying to sucker us into voting in November but I'm not falling for it.

I'm thinking hard about firing up a webpage with IP17 & IP18 FAQ. The answers would be from my perspective and mostly related to nuts and bolts of the IPs and how the might impact firearm ownership in the State and how they might impact firearm related businesses. Post some questions you think might be on Oregonians minds regarding IP17 & IP18 and maybe that will motivate me to get this done. It could be a great way to bring attention to these IPs so they don't fly in under the radar. I will check in from the mountain top. I have 6hr drive ahead of me this morning.

Look over the supporters pages and faq for ideas.

I propose we start our own IP: Three Strikes, yer OUT!! This would actually DO SOMETHING to save lives and prevent crime. I would be willing to co-sponsor this, but I do not know how to do it on my own!! Al V 541-660-1643 [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top