JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IP17 is the replacement with some spelling fixes.

Almost the same, but not quite. Section 3 on page 1 is rewritten and modifies the 2A to the US Constitution. I was not aware that state law could modify an amendment to the US Constitution, but that's what they appear to be doing:

upload_2019-4-15_15-54-36.png

A State CANNOT usurp Fed Constitutional law, only amend State law!
Not sure which set of laws the State is looking to amend, but if it's fed, their screwed! Though it would have to pass through the courts to challenge it!:eek:

They also fail to "Define" assault weapons, which makes this legislation null and void!
They do not want to follow the U.S. Army definitions of "Assault Weapons" as it contradicts the Anti's stance, and shoots down their "Dream List" of defining features and functions! They deny the Expertise of the Army and insert their own thoughts and ideals instead of recognizing factual definitions!

If the new standard for constitutional law is the citizens amendment process we can finally settle the "tastes great:less filling" debate and simply tack the answer on the end of 4th amendment.

Thank you citizens of Oregon for telling me what the law is.

Almost the same, but not quite. Section 3 on page 1 is rewritten and modifies the 2A to the US Constitution. I was not aware that state law could modify an amendment to the US Constitution, but that's what they appear to be doing:

View attachment 570271
Wait my safety is threatened by owning the most effective defensive rifles on the market? What the the HELL kind of drugs are they using?

moratorium on politics, at least one year. on every level, federal , state, county, city, no pay for any politician. term limits after the year, every political position is the same as the President, two terms of one position ever. get these career politicians out!!

Not sure which set of laws the State is looking to amend, but if it's fed, their screwed! Though it would have to pass through the courts to challenge it!:eek:

They also fail to "Define" assault weapons, which makes this legislation null and void!
They do not want to follow the U.S. Army definitions of "Assault Weapons" as it contradicts the Anti's stance, and shoots down their "Dream List" of defining features and functions! They deny the Expertise of the Army and insert their own thoughts and ideals instead of recognizing factual definitions!
I'm pretty sure one of the Senate Bill's Kate brown has going adds a definition to the term "assault weapon"

Want some "common sense"? Here is some. A sense of proportion is required in every job of field of research, except apparently, legislation.

Mass shootings make headlines and stay in the headlines for years afterward. According to Washington Post (Oct 2018), there were a total 1135 deaths in the US from mass shooters since 1966. That averages 21 deaths per year from mass shootings.

ICE is required to report the criminal records of the people they deport. This is the results from 158,000 deportees of 2018:
2028 homicides, 2085 kidnappings, 5350 sexual assaults, 8627 other sex crimes, 5562 robberies, 12,663 burglaries, 6261 stolen vehicles, 50,753 assaults, 11,766 weapons offenses, 20,340 larcenies, 76,585 drug offenses, and 80,730 DUI's.

The class of 2018 murdered people at a rate one hundred times the rate of mass shooters. You could also say that the annual homicide rate of folks who entered teh country without a background check and permission killed twice as many Americans in one year as all the mass shooters did since 1966.

It is an annual required report. The 2017 and 2016 reports show similar numbers.
https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

How about a sense of proportion? Rather than punish law abiding citizens, how about focusing on where 100 times the murders come from?

Want some "common sense"? Here is some. A sense of proportion is required in every job of field of research, except apparently, legislation.

Mass shootings make headlines and stay in the headlines for years afterward. According to Washington Post (Oct 2018), there were a total 1135 deaths in the US from mass shooters since 1966. That averages 21 deaths per year from mass shootings.

ICE is required to report the criminal records of the people they deport. This is the results from 158,000 deportees of 2018:
2028 homicides, 2085 kidnappings, 5350 sexual assaults, 8627 other sex crimes, 5562 robberies, 12,663 burglaries, 6261 stolen vehicles, 50,753 assaults, 11,766 weapons offenses, 20,340 larcenies, 76,585 drug offenses, and 80,730 DUI's.

The class of 2018 murdered people at a rate one hundred times the rate of mass shooters. You could also say that the annual homicide rate of folks who entered teh country without a background check and permission killed twice as many Americans in one year as all the mass shooters did since 1966.

It is an annual required report. The 2017 and 2016 reports show similar numbers.

How about a sense of proportion? Rather than punish law abiding citizens, how about focusing on where 100 times the murders come from?
Very well said, I actually saved on that into my notes on my phone so I can use it in the future.

Excellent report; however, Oregon does not make policy decisions by evidence based research.

Is IP-17 put together by that church group, bloomberg, or a lone wolf?

Apparently Greg Wasson is the sponsor, but I do not know if someone is behind him. I did read somewhere that the church was concerned about losing their tax-exempt status, so maybe they are letting him do their dirty work?

Detailed Display: 1 records

Lars Larson interviewed the sponsor on the radio a few weeks ago. Worth a listen to hear his lack of knowledge:

Should voters approve a ban on most semi automatic weapons in private hands? - The Lars Larson Show

Sometimes I think it's best to remain hush about these issues so that they continue to push them forward only to have them fall flat on their faces when everyone realizes some armchair lawyer threw the better part of this jargon together.

Apparently Greg Wasson is the sponsor, but I do not know if someone is behind him. I did read somewhere that the church was concerned about losing their tax-exempt status, so maybe they are letting him do their dirty work?

Detailed Display: 1 records

Lars Larson interviewed the sponsor on the radio a few weeks ago. Worth a listen to hear his lack of knowledge:

Should voters approve a ban on most semi automatic weapons in private hands? - The Lars Larson Show
We filed dozens of IRS complaints against these churches in addition to filing objections to their ballot titles. In the end we stalled them long enough that they didn't have time to collect signatures. We'll use that tactic again. And yes, obviously they felt the heat of the IRS and decided to find a stalking horse. Wasson is a certifiable nut job though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top