JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry this gal died.

Some things are more forgiving of mistakes than others.
A pencil has an eraser.
If you mess up in a game you can re start or play again.
Others are less forgiving.
If you miss the nail with your hammer you might get a new hole in your wall or a sore thumb.
Not paying attention while using the kitchen knife?
Hope you have a Band-Aid handy.
Some things always need to treated with more respect than they sometimes get.
Cars and guns fall into this category.
If you make a mistake with either of those you might just kill someone or yourself.

Take your time and learn from your mistakes and those from others.
Treat every tool you use with the respect it deserves , even those which you use everyday.
Andy

Last Edited:
Just awful. What's the first step of disassembling any firearm? Point the gun in a safe direction. Come on people.

Goes to show we need more free training classes... or something to help people who are not seasoned.

I've been muzzle swept a time or two by "experienced" shooters that weren't thinking. They may not have thought anything of it but I was keenly aware and told them so.

^^The primary reason I'm a selfish SOB and refuse to share outdoor shooting areas with anyone I don't personally know, at which point I go into automatic RSO mode (never actually been one at a range, but I know the drill by now).

Just because you take a class and get your permit does not mean you have that locked in your head for life, like a lot of us that have been around guns all our life or had the benifit of a great trainer that drilled those things into our heads.

Just look at all the holes in the roofs at some gunranges. That's a controlled environment and people still have ND's.

How many people still cut themselves with knives? Probably have used knives a large part of their life in the kitchen, but knives are generally more forgiving and a bandaid will fix the issue.

I also see this as an issue with people who carry loaded sometimes and not others - no consistency and all it takes is one person forgetting to give every gun owner a bad name.

I have to clear my CC sometimes and it's pointed at the floorboard when I do but I've had the benifit of a lifetime of people teaching me early on about gun safety and proper techniques for preventing harm to myself or others.

Lol Andy:D

I was just typing something similar out.

And it was a young lady shot by her brother while trying to show her how to breakdown and clean a gun while she was driving.

Why would you try to disassemble a gun in a moving car? Do it in an environment or setting where it has your full attention and you have complete range of motion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top