JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blind people should qualify for a supressor, since they would be more dependent on hearing for target acquisition. Wearing hearing protection or firing an unsupressed gun effectively deafens them, thus depriving them of the only effective sensory input. That would make a great lawsuit - under ADA denying them constitutes denial of effective RKBA.

Gun carry should not require a license.

I have nothing against a blind person owning guns. But they would need to satisfy the four safety rules to use one.

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
"If you are not willing to take a human life, do not cover a person with the muzzle."

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
"Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it."

1. It is their constitutional right under the Second Amendment

2. The legal definition of "blind" encompasses a broad range of visual impairments. Many "blind" people can still watch TV to a certain extent or even read large-type books using a magnifier, they just cant drive a car or walk without the aid of a cane or dog.

3. Blind people have just as much of a right to self defense as sighted people, as well as an arguably greater need for some sort of equalizer against a violent criminal.

4. If a 110 lb. blind woman is on her back and being assaulted by a 250 lb rapist who is choking her out with both hands around her neck, target identification is no longer an issue and she doesnt need good eyesight in order to successfully empty a .38 into his chest/guts/balls.

5. Blind people (at least here in Oregon) are legally allowed to hunt, and can use the assistance of a sighted person to spot the game and aim and fire their gun for them if necessary. Blind people like to eat venison and elk meat too, and should not be denied the same opportunities as a sighted person to fill a tag. Its a lot easier to fill a tag when you own a rifle.

Ultimately the issue boils down to whether or not blind people should be legally classified as second-class citizens and denied the same constitutional rights as sighted people have. I vote "no".

We already have enough gun laws. Plus I don't read many news stories about blind people shooting innocent people by mistake. If this was a problem MSM would be harping on it 24/7. Dogs shooting owners is more of a problem than armed blind people for God's sake!

So, if they don't know what is behind their target so if they miss the bad guy, doesn't that make it hard to be safe? I can understand wanting to be able to defend oneself. But I also wonder how they would know that shooting wouldn't take out more innocents than bad guys? Just something to ponder as the guy's statement doesn't even start to take that into account.

We are talking about regular people, not the cops and them hitting innocent bystanders.

Although I haven't checked I bet this law was supported and even sponsored (covertly) by the anti-gun crowd so they can illustrate how "insane" the gun laws are.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top