JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you see one for under $700 like new COMPLETE jump on it. I've been piecing one together for the past month or two and I'll have at least $600 before hard plates and right around $1000 with stand alone plates. The good deals come and go fast and I hope you have found one of them by now and if you're looking to get rid of it I'm a size Lg :cool:

If your state has gun shows try there. I was finding not to bad of condition IOTV's for under $300 but no accessories. Also try ebay even though they suck donkey *$%#. Figure in that accessories average about $75 per piece and there are up to 7 of them: groin protector, low back protector, 2 DAPS, front yolk, back yolk, and the throat protector (pesky little item to find that I skipped b/c soldier buddies told me it's a pain in the rear). Looking back and knowing what I know about assembling one now If I found one for $800 complete I'd buy it saving the hassle of finding it part by part.

Why in the world would you want an IOTV? There are so many better options for soft and hard armor carriers on the market that are many many times more comfortable than the IOTV.

Check out TYR Tactical, or First Spear

For $695 you can get a PICO with soft armor from TYR: TYR Tactical PICO-MV Plate Carrier with T34 Armor | TYR Tactical - Plate Carrier, Body Armor, Tactical Gear, Tactical Armor

And if for what ever reason you feel you need the for the nut protector and DAPS kit, you can add those to the PICO, as well as an abdomen and lower back ballistic panel.

I run a Strandhogg from FirstSpear with ESAPI plates and it's all the carrier I could ever ask for with the Tubes quick release buckles.

With whats on the market these days I can't see any reason to spend more than $200-$300 for an IOTV! If you absolutely must have an issued piece of equipment I guess I understand, but baring that and IOTV makes little sense at the price points being talked about in this thread.

EDIT: also TYR offers a nice military discount if registering with an AKO web address

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top