JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an IO AK-47C and it's a very accurate 300 yard gong dinger. I too bought the AK without any prior knowledge of the company. I just saw US made, and jumped on it. I have done some additional parts though (see the link). I have the gas tube rail, and a red dot. It works quite well, and has yet to have any loose rivets or misfires. I've put several hundred rounds through it.
<broken link removed>
I think you will enjoy that AK.

Never had one but I did a quick search for them and they don't sound to great (nothing against you Madwulf, just posting what I found), Check out these postings <broken link removed> .

Don't like raining on parades but these guns are American-made only by the 922r definition of that term and therefore they're really no more American than Century's Romanian WASR's, Polish Tantals, Yugoslavian M70's, etc. It's all marketing. With Century products, they mostly try to sell to the "authenticity" crowd, and so they call an AK-74 "Bulgarian" when in fact it has a US-made receiver, barrel, trigger group, and furniture (and some of their AK's even ship with US-made mags too). They do keep costs down by still relying heavily on foreign surplus parts, and put emphasis on the presence of said parts to put on an air of authenticity for people who like things to be as close to the original as possible. I.O. builds their guns the same way, but does the opposite with their marketing. They still use imported parts extensively in their AK's, but sell their guns labeled as "American" made to sell to the "buy American!" crowd. In reality there's not a difference. There's very few genuinely 100% American-made AK's out there.

> H20cooled, Yeah I have found others whom have had 'ratty' AKs from I.O. I'm not preaching that I.O. is the end of the search. :) I've had quite a few AKs over the last few decades and several were so bad from the box that they were only usefull as doners for parts. The gunshop has been asking me about my I.O. unit, as they had one that didn't last a box of ammo before loosing the barrel trunnion rivets.
But, I seem to have stumbled apon a good one here. Mine still has tight rivets and no corrosion anywhere around the trunnion. I've changed the stock to a folder and added a different compensator, and I have been keeping it clean, lightly oiled, and store it in a controlled environment. It's an easy shooter and (for me) lines right up with my eye just by shouldering it. So... my 'pat on the back' to the guy above for buying an Inter Ordinance Ak clone.
As far as being 'American Made'.... Raftman said it all. It's reciever is made here. However, THAT allows you to avoid the "922r" hassle. Which is a good thing.

I also have a Century M-70. It's a solidly built AK from what I've heard from the several guys that own them. It's a tad more hefty than the IO unit. They "build" their M-70 on a 'milled' platform (dimensions are different from a standard AK) with a very heavy walled reciever flat. But I have not shot it yet, so no real opinion yet. It's another of the "Assembled in the USA of foreign and domestic parts" rifles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top