Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Invite your Legislators to a Range trip.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bnsaibum, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I've invited Representative Gelser and Senator Close to attend a trip to the local range (ARPC in this case). They both expressed interest. My intent is to provide them with first hand information they may not have otherwise. I'm wondering if others have done the same with their Representatives.

mhasson30 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Viper84

Viper84 Bellingham, WA Member

Could be a good idea. This is the first Ive heard of it. I know for a fact Murray and Cantwell wouldnt have anything to do with it. Maybe I could get Rick Larson to make an appearance. He has a "B" rating from the NRA, but his auto-reply said that he supports all the new gun control. Maybe a little publicity at a gun range can swing his vote.

3. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Actually I did this last year. They all had commitments, but i think they siad they would like to. Maybe it is time to invite them again.

mhasson30 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I bet Murray & Cant do well thought that they would be used as targets!! LOL Dumb Broads..

5. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

If I were a congressman, (or any other public figure, for that matter) there's no way I'd accept an invitation to go shooting with some clown I'd never met.

Both Senator Cantwell and Senator Murray are anything but "dumb broads." Your comment does not reflect on them.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You might have success if your rep is an avid shooter. Otherwise, they will probably be unreceptive.

7. Caveman Jim

How's this? Ignorant broads...

8. greedy bastards

greedy bastards Multnomah Village New Member

It is not an Idea I support. Some Folks are pacifists... think Glasgow or better still," Jammer Six"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Ever hear the ol' addage, "If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck..."?

I'm reasonably sure they're dumbasses. ;)

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I would bet money on it.

11. Caveman Jim

Yep, and you can put lipstick on a pig....
    You can sugar coat a turd...
    And so on....

12. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

From what I understand after speaking in person with both of them is that Representative Gelser has little experience with firearms while Senator Close does and was once a member of ARPC. Oregon Legislative session has just begun so they both may be busy for a while, but session will be over at some point and there is always the weekends.

13. mhasson30

mhasson30 OR Active Member

A great idea would be to invite them to a 3 gun event.
    If you know a participant you could walk them thru the event course, maybe even get them shooting.
    I can’t think of a better argument (besides the 2nd) for not banning high captaincy mags and sport semi autos; pistols, rifles and shotguns.