JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to my LGS and invested in a half-kilo bottle of coarse [1Fg] powder. Getting the usual 10% club discount helped, but it still hurt some.

Had to go outside and sit in the old roadster and watch the birdies for a bit to recover.

1636839804164-png.png

WOW what do you have that uses Cannon powder? A few years back I made a purchase from Powder Valley for enough 4F 3F and 2F I should never have to buy Black powder again even if I get serious into BP 45-70 with my new 1885 Winchester. I' can't imagine trying to stock up at todays prices.

WOW what do you have that uses Cannon powder? A few years back I made a purchase from Powder Valley for enough 4F 3F and 2F I should never have to buy Black powder again even if I get serious into BP 45-70 with my new 1885 Winchester. I' can't imagine trying to stock up at todays prices.
I have a couple of Sniders and Whitworth - all of which do well with coarse powder - 65 and 70gr respectively. I, too, have 1885 Winchester replication by Uberti but have failed utterly to get any more than around 55gr of 2Fg in the modern cases we use these days.

I'm confused too. 1/2 kilo is roughly a pound/16 .oz? $42.00 is within the range of smokeless over here. Or is BP supposed to be much less? Never used the stuff myself.

The price on BP ( if you can find it in stock ) has risen....its around $30 -$40 where I live , again when in stock.

Like everything else...the price has gone up...stock is difficult to get and made much worse with the demise of GOEX.
Andy

He was multiplying his cost by seven - which is the standard factor of age of a dog 'in dog years' (7 to 1) as compared to humans.

As to the significance of this I do not know and maybe TAC will 'chime in' on it!
It's the kind of a comment made by us ex-military types as a comment enlarger/permitted hyperbole.

In the interests of trying not to offend any dog-lovers here, I won't use it again - promise.

I can, however, assure you that NO dogs were financially incapacitated by the use of my grammatical hyperbole.

Military speech has much content that is nigh-on incomprehensible to the average English speaker in Civvy Street. There is one phrase, however, that has made the transition from the Army into the civilian milieu - it is, of course the Army name for a fried egg sandwich - the famous 'egg banjo'.

It has nothing to do with the shape of the comestible, but instead describes the action of the eater who is unlucky enough to have squirted the soft yolk down his front and is trying, unsuccessfully, to brush it off whilst still holding on to it with one hand - try it and see....

In the interests of trying not to offend any dog-lovers here, I won't use it again - promise.
I don't think that's offensive to any dog lovers! I feel like I learned a new term today too. Now if I can just remember it when I need to use it.

The price on BP ( if you can find it in stock ) has risen....its around $30 -$40 where I live , again when in stock.

Like everything else...the price has gone up...stock is difficult to get and made much worse with the demise of GOEX.
Andy
I got 1 lb of fff back in July at green's I think it was around 35 bucks.
By the way @Andy54Hawken I see you change your location.
Good thing .
I believe you're old house is under water today.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top