JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Magnums : I have enough powder, primers, and projectiles than all my barrels will last, combined.
Small caliber rifles : not enough primers to outlast my barrels.
Pistols : never enough.
Shotgun : about 30 good range sessions worth. Now If I would get off this keyboard and get to the range....
22LR : If I use @Reno as an example, I have maybe two months worth. For me, a lifetime...

I haven't purchased anything for at least a year and a half so don't call me a hoarder. In fact, I sold an 8 lb jug of R26 last year to a guy who really needed it.

The wife is gone for the day so I decided to play with my toys and tidy up my room. Curiosity got the better of me and I took an inventory of my reloading components. I didn't look at the brass because I know I've got more than I'll ever use, so I focused on primers, powder, and projectiles. The 3 "P's."

The only thing I'm worried about in the projectile category is 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmints. Down to 900, but I have 400 already loaded.

Small rifle primers are sorta okay, but down to 2k CCI400.
Large rifle is good at 7,200
Large Rifle Magnum is good at 3,500

Apparently powder has gotten away from me. I load for the family so when I see an 8 pounder of something I use I tend to buy it out of habit. As I said I haven't bought anything for quite awhile but I had no idea.
6 lbs Benchmark
8 lbs TAC
9 lbs Varget
10 lbs Reloader 26
20 lbs Big Game
24 lbs Hunter

I'll run out of Benchmark before primers but I'll run out of primers before Varget. I have more projectiles than primers for these powders.

I'll run out of LRM primers before powder but I can swap Magnums with standard Large Rifle for the Mighty-08 and .30-06 if I need to. Plenty of LR if I need to go that way. More primers than projectiles unless I revert back to Nosler.

7mm Rem Mag is fine, I'll run out of projectiles before anything else, but I doubt that I'll shoot 600 bullets before they're available again.

How is everyone else holding out?
Doin fine, just wont list amounts especially powder........;)

I am below the legal limits.

Yup. Perhaps someone should enlighten the OP about fire codes?

But.....really.....
Besides.....he might just be storing the stash "properly".

YEAH.....I'm a bad guy....for even suggesting anything.

life-goes-on.gif
Yup....Whatever....Carry on.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Magnums : I have enough powder, primers, and projectiles than all my barrels will last, combined.
Small caliber rifles : not enough primers to outlast my barrels.
Pistols : never enough.
Shotgun : about 30 good range sessions worth. Now If I would get off this keyboard and get to the range....
22LR : If I use @Reno as an example, I have maybe two months worth. For me, a lifetime...
Considering I haven't been able to really buy much 22lr since that Aguila hit the store shelves a few months back, I've definitely slowed down. I've got at least 10k on the active use shelf, before I start going into reserves, which I've never really counted. It used to be that I'd buy 2 bricks, one went to the active use shelf, the other to reserves. Lost count after a few too many years of this practice.

Considering I haven't been able to really buy much 22lr since that Aguila hit the store shelves a few months back, I've definitely slowed down. I've got at least 10k on the active use shelf, before I start going into reserves, which I've never really counted. It used to be that I'd buy 2 bricks, one went to the active use shelf, the other to reserves. Lost count after a few too many years of this practice.

Why buy only one when you can buy two at twice the price? :D

-E-

Why buy only one when you can buy two at twice the price? :D

-E-
Cashier, "If you spend another $20.00 you can get %15 of your order."

Me, "How's that saving when I have to spend another $20."

Cashier, confused look...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR