JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't purchased anything for at least a year and a half so don't call me a hoarder. In fact, I sold an 8 lb jug of R26 last year to a guy who really needed it.

The wife is gone for the day so I decided to play with my toys and tidy up my room. Curiosity got the better of me and I took an inventory of my reloading components. I didn't look at the brass because I know I've got more than I'll ever use, so I focused on primers, powder, and projectiles. The 3 "P's."

The only thing I'm worried about in the projectile category is 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmints. Down to 900, but I have 400 already loaded.

Small rifle primers are sorta okay, but down to 2k CCI400.
Large rifle is good at 7,200
Large Rifle Magnum is good at 3,500

Apparently powder has gotten away from me. I load for the family so when I see an 8 pounder of something I use I tend to buy it out of habit. As I said I haven't bought anything for quite awhile but I had no idea.
6 lbs Benchmark
8 lbs TAC
9 lbs Varget
10 lbs Reloader 26
20 lbs Big Game
24 lbs Hunter

I'll run out of Benchmark before primers but I'll run out of primers before Varget. I have more projectiles than primers for these powders.

I'll run out of LRM primers before powder but I can swap Magnums with standard Large Rifle for the Mighty-08 and .30-06 if I need to. Plenty of LR if I need to go that way. More primers than projectiles unless I revert back to Nosler.

7mm Rem Mag is fine, I'll run out of projectiles before anything else, but I doubt that I'll shoot 600 bullets before they're available again.

How is everyone else holding out?

How is everyone else holding out?

Not as good as I would have liked to been. I put off reordering a large quantity of primers, which bit me in the butt.

Just using less and sorting more Rimfire than anything else. Got a ton of it.

Jk jk but it's been like that for real now. I started reloading just to be able to shoot. Fell in love with a Grendel and it's the only way to shoot it. Ammo is non existent

A9FB61F0-8573-4F52-8F10-AD030226E5BD.png
TAC is great with 50 gr TTSX in my 1-10" .223.

That's 5 shots during load development.

P

Well you surely have me beat. I did an inventory about 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of primers I have. Still not near enough to make me comfortable. But since things started getting weird ive been buying every bit I could that wasn't $100/1k I've got atleast 5000 standard of each I need dont have much for magnums which isn't ideal, but like you said can be substituted for standards. Powder right now for me is scarce. Ive recently taken on a few new calibers so I dont have much for the larger rifles but have small quantities of new powders to try. As far as projectiles. I cast for just about everything I shoot with a few exceptions of the new cartridges I haven't acquired molds for yet. And I have half a 55gallon drum full of range scrap lead.

Doing good here. I learned my lesson in the 2008 panic.

Only thing I'm thin on are Hornady .30 cal 212 ELD-X bullets but that's my own fault for adding a new caliber (.30 Nosler) to the fold in the middle a panic shortage. Down to about 200, maybe slightly less. Still not critical low amounts, just uncomfortable.

-E-

I'm doing better than I thought after finding a can with 700 rounds of 9mm in the closet I had forgotten about. Knew I had it, but thought I had shot it.
Otherwise I'm doing fine, I listened to a lot of people who remembered past panics. Plus I'm prone to buying things I like that are on sale just because it's a good deal.

I've been keeping a pretty good inventory control on my stocks of reloading supplies for several years now. Just because I didn't want to over-buy in any of the categories mentioned. A good balance is is preferable.

In looking at the OP's list of powders, looks heavy on the slow-ish to slow side of rifle powder. Based on my own experience, these are the ones that deplete the most slowly. I may burn through a lot of .308 Win. and 30-06 by shooting gas guns, but I use faster powders for these. You wouldn't shoot up 100 rounds of 7mm Rem Mag in a bolt gun as quickly as 100 rounds through an M1 Rifle, for example.

Having said this, rifle powders get used up faster than pistol powders. Simple math, the charges are so different. I've found it easier to get ahead by accident in pistol powders. I can look at a bottle of IMR 4895 and think, "160 rounds." But I get started on a bottle of Tite Group, I don't think about how many rounds it will load (+/- 1,400). I just think, "There's plenty in here".

Not nearly so good as you. I'll be very happy if my primers/powder last through the next few hunting seasons. Gotta make/practice with the ammo I'm gonna shoot at tasty furry things. Everything else I'm ok on, I think...

I'm doing pretty good. Only bullets I'm using are 6mm, 7mm, 30 cal, and 458. Only powders Im using are RL7, Varget, BLC2, Hybrid 100V, H4895, H4350, RL17, RL19, RL22, H4831, and RL26.
What do you shoot in 6mm? Not the most common but I have seen them from time to time

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top