JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I can see the points behind this, seems to me if you are a law abiding citizen and conceal carry, you may find yourself stopped and being searched every time you turn around in the near future!

In the article, it's admitted that no system would have stopped the buffalo shooter. Great, case closed, no robocop please.

While I can see the points behind this, seems to me if you are a law abiding citizen and conceal carry, you may find yourself stopped and being searched every time you turn around in the near future!

Great, now in the future we'll all have to buy "personal white noise generators" or "personal jammers" or some BS like that.

I can see the "LIDAR" at work now….

Art inmates life ;)

I understand the sentiments of mentioning the Constitutional implications, (4th Amendment) and the plain fact that AI would not do anything to prevent half-wits from opening fire on innocent citizens.

But this kind of rational reasoning does not work with the Despots in Training that the Leftest Democratic Party is now spawning.

They do not give a damn about the first Ten Amendments to our Constitution, or the rest of it for that matter!

This political class, both Leftist Democrats and RINO's, never did respect voters.

And because the Supreme Court effectively legalized Bribery with the Citizen's United Case which says that Corporations are People and Money is Free Speech,....So people, (Corporations) can speak Freely, (Give unlimited Money) to politicians which completely dilutes the voices of you and I.

Bottom line: Ruling Class politicians are not beholden to us, they are beholden to the Corporations that PAY THEM. (We can Speak Freely all that we wish but the Big Money has politician's cell phone's on speed dial.)

You may think this view is cynical, I think it is pragmatic.

But this kind of rational reasoning does not work with the Despots in Training that the Leftest Democratic Party is now spawning.

They do not give a damn about the first Ten Amendments to our Constitution, or the rest of it for that matter!
No politician cares about regular people or constitutional rights. If they did some of the infringements on the 2nd amendment would have been lifted. Instead they have continued to eat away at our gun rights since the National Firearms Act of 1934.

If I'm in a place I can legally be and carry I pretty much assume everyone else is too.
And I would not mind everyone else knowing too, except for those that would use that knowledge improperly. If everyone could mind there own business it would not be an invasion or a problem.
The problem is no one can mind their own!

The current Supreme Court doesn't think that there's any guarantee of privacy in the Constitution unless explicitly stated so it's entirely possible the current court would see this as acceptable

The current Supreme Court doesn't think that there's any guarantee of privacy in the Constitution unless explicitly stated so it's entirely possible the current court would see this as acceptable
Wait until the police raids corporation offices because they're "publicly traded, therefore no expectation of privacy in public" and because corporations are "people" :rolleyes: you'll see right quick that Courts will rule in favor of the corporations' privacy, and Congress will do their best to cover their hind ends, and as a result, maybe affirm that the People have an expectation of "privacy" :rolleyes: then again.. maybe they'll rule that only political contributors/donors/govt contracted entities are protected :rolleyes:

Bit of a tangent here. If medical services, goods and services funded by Federal Taxes means that the Public is entitled to access of these things... then technically, the Public should also have full access to what standard military issued equipment and arms are funded by taxes...? :p I mean... "tax funded healthcare" is one such thing that certain people are absolutely saying it means public should have access to "free" healthcare :rolleyes: why not access to "free" military training and equipment without joining the military... :p :s0064:

And back on topic. Privacy. Hm. If you're out at a nudist beach, you still can have privacy by the "choice" of being given consent to have photos taken or not... but the Courts have indeed ruled that if its "out in public, no privacy expected" :rolleyes: same logic goes for gun owners and conceal/open carriers. At current there are 25 states that have some form of permitless/Constitutional concealed carry laws... I wonder if there comes a point soon where there's no real principle behind requiring licenses to carry, nd also no real principle behind requiring disclosure of carry in public or even in private businesses?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top