JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow, Portland, OR. How surprising.:rolleyes:

Intruder calls 911, afraid homeowner may have gun - CNN.com

Intruder calls 911, afraid homeowner may have gun
By the CNN Wire Staff

Police say Timothy James Chapek was taking a shower when the homeowner returned.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* A man breaks into a house, then locks himself in the bathroom when the owner returns, police say
* The intruder makes an emergency call
* The owner also calls the police
* The suspect is arrested without incident

(CNN) -- This time it was the intruder who called 911.

A man who broke into a house in Portland, Oregon, called police -- afraid the homeowner may have a gun.

The suspect, Timothy James Chapek, was in the bathroom taking a shower when the homeowner returned to the house Monday night, Portland police said in a statement.

Accompanied by two German shepherds, the homeowner asked Chapek what he was doing in the house.

Chapek locked himself in the bathroom and made an emergency call, police said. He said he had broken into the house, the owner had come home, and that he was concerned the owner might have a gun.

The homeowner also called the police to report that he had found a man in the house.

Police with dogs took Chapek, 24, into custody "without incident," they said. He was booked for criminal trespass.

They did not say if the homeowner did in fact have a gun.

The guy broke in to take a shower? Well at least the intruder was polite about it. (sarcasm) One good thing that I was happy to see is that they did not report if the homeowner was armed or not, besides the German Shepards. Almost think that 2 of those would be worse than a shooting.

Booked and released the same day, charges thrown out.

SWIS ID: 753041
Name: Chapek, Timothy James
Race: White
Height: 5 ft 11 in
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Arresting Agency: Portland Police, Other
Arrest Date: 3/7/2011 7:17 PM
Booking Date: 3/7/2011 8:42 PM
Current Status: Released
<--------------One and a half hours in jail
Assigned Facility: PERM
Projected Release Date: Unknown
Release Date: 3/7/2011
Release Reason:
Court Case No. None DA Case No. None Citation No. None
Charge Bail Status
TRESPASS I (A Misdemeanor) $0 Disposed <---------Thrown out with no punishment

I'm sure this criminal will have plenty of time to get a real record going. Maybe next time the po-po will find enough evidence to convict him, apparently breaking & entering isn't enough to bother the police with at this time

Oh wow, if my wife came home to this he would have been shot dead. myself on the other hand, i probably would have laughed, why would someone break into a house for a shower? depending on his reasoning, I'd probably drop the charges too pending a mental eval. who risks their life to take a shower? weird people.

Oh wow, if my wife came home to this he would have been shot dead. myself on the other hand, i probably would have laughed, why would someone break into a house for a shower? depending on his reasoning, I'd probably drop the charges too pending a mental eval. who risks their life to take a shower? weird people.

Likely the shower line was his excuse for the fact that he was naked and committing some kind of weird sexual offense.

Sounds like someone the homeowner knew, guy taking a shower in the house, and the owner knew the trespasser and didn't want to press charges. Trespasser didn't want a violent confrontation, so he called 911. Or maybe the weird stranger taking a shower in a stranger's house. No shooting, not damage, no charges. Owner is cool with the outcome. Maybe it was a cousin for all we know. Or a former room mate.

So why is this newsworthy?

Wow! There has to be more to this story. There just has to be.

Hmmm, maybe they are telling the criminals that it is ok to break into homes of people who don't own firearms or dogs. The cops will protect the trespasser(because they are reactionary), the court will let them go with a stern warning(because it will cost too much to prosecute them and house them).
This guy was lucky to walk away with his life. I bet this guy won't break into that house again, just a different one.

astrangelove287c.jpg

astrangelove287d1.jpg

and that is why oregon needs a castle doctrine.
another reason i was just told by Springfield police about a domestic i am involved in me being the victim
that if alleged assailant comes back and does try and brake out all the car windows with or with out friends like they stated
to do nothing just call the police and let them deal with it.

Do you have anything other than the mighty wind pouring from your backside to support such prurient speculation? Or are you just fanatasizing?

Ah and there you go again CEF, another purposeful Troll post, humorously doing exactly what you accuse me of doing. I suppose those with no self esteem would actually get offended buy this kind of attack/obsession.

:s0112::s0114::s0112:

And oddly, you couldn't resist responding....

So, in answer to my question: You don't have anything to support your speculation, and you were just blowing wind? Maybe a little "stranger in the shower looking for action" fantasy?

And oddly, you couldn't resist responding....

So, in answer to my question: You don't have anything to support your speculation, and you were just blowing wind? Maybe a little "stranger in the shower looking for action" fantasy?

CEF, I really think that you look at me like a Slot Machine, if you keep pulling my lever someday it might payoff. :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top