JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everybody, I just found this group while performing a search for a pre-owned Taurus PT-22. I was introduced to the sport of shooting only a few years ago, when my neighbor went to purchase a new sidearm and invited me to tag along with him.

Well, I got bit by the bug and bought several small arms, and also joined the West Coast Armory North, up in the Everett/Lynwood area. My one year membership expired in June of 2016, almost exactly one year ago, and I'm itching to get out and shoot some paper again.

I moved from the north end in September 2016 and have been looking at range options closer to where I now live. The two options closest to me are Champion Arms and the SPAA.

I just read in another thread here on NW Firearms that loaded magazines aren't allowed at the SPAA, that you may only put a single round in the chamber. Rinse and repeat.

If that's true then that takes the fun out of it for me, as I have one of the NAA Pug's, and removing the cylinder to insert round(s) is so slow that it wouldn't be worth the effort to use this arm at this particular range.

So I may have to check out Champion though the reviews I've read seem to be mixed.

I've also poked around here looking for information regarding the use of public lands for plinking, and it looks like it's getting quite difficult to do so in WA State.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure one of the members from Washington will have answers for you.

In Oregon, we have some beautiful public lands to shoot in.

Andy:

Know something?...you just "triggered" (haha) some old memories...and I guess I need to take back the first statement in my introduction, which stated I was introduced to shooting only a few years ago.

I lived in Maine between 1986 and 1991, and had a friend there who was into muzzle loaders. He had a flint lock pistol (can't remember the caliber) and we used to go plinking with it. What a load of fun that was!

I guess "far" from Seattle is a relative term...it looks like you're in a very nice part of Washington...this tired, 61 yr. old body has been in Seattle 26 years now, yikes!...

Welcome aboard, your life is now scewed because there will always be a want that needs filling because of this site.

Hi everybody, I just found this group while performing a search for a pre-owned Taurus PT-22. I was introduced to the sport of shooting only a few years ago, when my neighbor went to purchase a new sidearm and invited me to tag along with him.

Well, I got bit by the bug and bought several small arms, and also joined the West Coast Armory North, up in the Everett/Lynwood area. My one year membership expired in June of 2016, almost exactly one year ago, and I'm itching to get out and shoot some paper again.

I moved from the north end in September 2016 and have been looking at range options closer to where I now live. The two options closest to me are Champion Arms and the SPAA.

I just read in another thread here on NW Firearms that loaded magazines aren't allowed at the SPAA, that you may only put a single round in the chamber. Rinse and repeat.

If that's true then that takes the fun out of it for me, as I have one of the NAA Pug's, and removing the cylinder to insert round(s) is so slow that it wouldn't be worth the effort to use this arm at this particular range.

So I may have to check out Champion though the reviews I've read seem to be mixed.

I've also poked around here looking for information regarding the use of public lands for plinking, and it looks like it's getting quite difficult to do so in WA State.
Hey Mark, this is the thread in particular that I was talking to you about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top