JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vanessa and I stumbled onto this site after deciding I had put off firearms safety and training for far too long. I was given a shooting lesson years and years ago and a nagging, gut feeling has been pestering me to start anew and take it all the way. I would like to find a nice, friendly place to start, but it has been a bit overwhelming, so any suggestions would be most welcomed. I love research, so in the meantime, I'll be here reading through the archives and posts. Nice to meet you!

welcome

there is also a woman's only area if you are interested contact Joe Link (sight owner) to gain access.

<broken link removed>

Welcome.

On top of classes, I've always felt that one on one time with someone more experienced then I am goes a long way - and practice, just shoot as much as you can afford as often as you can.

"...a place to shoot..." on the WA / OR border is a nice, clean indoor range with good training, one-on-one. Tri-County can probably set you up with an NRA certified instructor, or you can contact the NRA directly for a list of instructors in the area (I am not endorsing the NRA here).

You may want to introduce yourself in the ladies forum and ask for a list of instructors that other women recommend.

Welcome

"...a place to shoot..." on the WA / OR border is a nice, clean indoor range with good training, one-on-one. Tri-County can probably set you up with an NRA certified instructor, or you can contact the NRA directly for a list of instructors in the area (I am not endorsing the NRA here).

You may want to introduce yourself in the ladies forum and ask for a list of instructors that other women recommend.

Welcome
Thanks for the info, I will look into that! I did peruse the Ladies section, but there isn't much movement there ..

SW WA Surplus has plenty of educational classes, as well. My wife and I will be going through some there, and Sportsman's out here in Orchards has some edutainment available, as well.

I'm a big fan of practicing in the back yard with a BB or Pellet gun if you're willing to spend a little money on a plinker that approximates what you want to learn on. There are plenty of co2 pistols that are a near copy of real firearms, and if that seems a little too much for you, consider airsoft as a good way to work into your "range time" and build good habits.

They are not a substitute for real time spent with an instructor and firearms, but they are a simple and inexpensive addition to that range time.

Hi all, new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vanessa and I stumbled onto this site after deciding I had put off firearms safety and training for far too long. I was given a shooting lesson years and years ago and a nagging, gut feeling has been pestering me to start anew and take it all the way. I would like to find a nice, friendly place to start, but it has been a bit overwhelming, so any suggestions would be most welcomed. I love research, so in the meantime, I'll be here reading through the archives and posts. Nice to meet you!
Welcome. I like your picture!
A word of caution - This gun thing can be habit forming..................

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top