JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hello, My names Chris I'm 20 years old, and lived in Salem all my life. I'm a strong supporter of the second amendment and have been around guns and shooting most of my life. Glad to be a member. Thanks:cool:

Hello all, I am new to firearms. Heard of this site from a friend and current member. Looking forward to learning more.

Hello I am a single shot rifle enthusiast as well as a flintlock aficionado. I am looking for a competent gunsmith to work on my Falling Block Works Model H extractor and inspect for safety.

New to the site and exicited to learn from some of the more knowledgeable people in this community. I am getting ready to buy my first handgun and need some ideas(cost effecient) about best bang for the buck. Thanks all of you in advance for your help.
~Cheers~

Hi all,
I grew up jn WA and left for dryer weather 30 years ago. Been into guns since I was a kid. Learned to shoot at Fire MTN. Been reloading for years and have built a couple dozen AR's.
Mike :cool:

Hey all - I am Scott, I have lived here on the wet side of Washington state for almost 15 years. I enjoy target shooting and trap shooting now and then. I have been looking for a forum with a more local focus - looks like I found it!

Scott

New member to the NW Firearms Forum, not new to firearms or the Northwest. Moved to Washington State for the first time in March of 1975, first WA CWP (what is now a CPL) was in 1980 or 81 when Washington was a May Issue state.

I recently retired & enjoying life after many years of work in the medical field, which I really enjoyed & found rewarding. Got a little single shot .22 at 5-6 years old and grew up on the farm. I did take a break from guns at one point in my life, but certainly still enjoying them. Served as Sergeant in the US Army in 70's. I only target & sport shoot now. I have a range of shotguns to small defense 9MM now. I have completed the conceiled carry here in Oklahoma.

I enjoy just about any weapon out there and appreciate the wide variety of choices. To each his own & whatever works for you is fine with me. Glad I'm onboard here.

Hey all. I have been a member for a few weeks, figured I should say hello. Been around longguns all my life, just started into handguns a month ago.

Larry from Tacoma..

Looking forward to talking about shooting with others in the Northwest. Our local range (KRRC) is being threatened by the courts, and may be closed soon, so I may be looking for information on where I can go to shoot legally in the area on private or public property. I am only a pistol shooter at the moment. Just joined the USPSA. Glad to find a forum with a NW focus.

First and foremost, I stand firm on the 2nd Amendment. I live in Grants Pass (Josephine County) where we just voted down a levy on property owners to give the sheriff a ton of money to buy new cars and other goodies. In retaliation he (Gilbertson) is making us "pay" in other ways like literally shutting down his department and telling us we are "on our own". Not a problem here but I do have a couple of questions from others in the county that have weapons.

My first question is has anyone been hassled for carrying a sidearm in plane site? In spite of rumors, can I shoot someone on my property if I feel threatened or find them ripping me off? Or, like Cal, do I have to drag their *** in the house and make sure they won't be suing me?

I feel things are going to get ugly here and although we are well armed, I don't want these idiot nailing me for protecting myself, family and property. Any thoughts from other JoCo'ers?

Saw reference to this board from 24 hour campfire and a couple of other sites. Good information for projects and to keep from re-inventing the wheel.
xb

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews