JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there everybody, thanks for having me on your website. I'm from Snohomish, WA. I graduated high school and left my family's home fairly recently, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay here in the Northwest. Maybe not Washington, but probably somewhere in the Northwest. My family and I actually moved from Florida to Washington towards the end of my time in high school, so I really haven't been here for too long. But I already know that I like Cascadia a lot more than I like Florida. I'll trade flat land, no-see-ums and mosquitos, 100% humidity and 80+ degree weather, salt encrusted on your windshield every morning for 60 to 70 degree weather with low humidity, practically no mosquitos, and mountains and forests all over the place anyday. I love the local culture too. Whenever my family wants to go shoot, we can literally just drive 10 minutes into the woods and shoot whatever we want. Nothing like that in Florida, we lived in the suburbs back there.

Anyway, I come from a family of men pretty enthusiastic about their guns. We've got a .357 revolver, an AKM assault rifle, a Mosin Nagant bolt-action, and a 12 gauge shotgun. I admit that I've never fired the shotgun, we've never taken it out for whatever reason. Now that I'm out of my family's house and looking at eventually getting a place of my own to rent, I've been looking at what guns I want to get for myself, one for self defense and the other because I'd like to get into hunting. As for a hunting rifle, I'm leaning towards getting a Ruger American in 30-06 because the rifle's fairly cheap, yet it's gotten good reviews everywhere I look. If anyone has firsthand experience with that rifle, please give me your opinion.

As for self-defense, I'd love an M1911. If push comes to shove and I have to shoot a guy, I don't want there to be any question what's going to happen to him. He needs to either die or be otherwise stopped in his tracks immediately, and a .45 is great for that. I've heard too many stories about guys getting shot with a 9mm, getting nothing but icepick wounds, and still coming at you like you didn't even shoot them. Problem is that every one that I've found is so dang expensive. Yeah, you get what you pay for, but still, I'm not made of money. Still shopping around in that department.

As for how I found this website, I came across this forum while researching the SB 5737 bill. I'm not a big fan of alarmism or fear-mongering, but I'll tell you, when I read that bill, it got me a little nervous about the direction this state might be headed in. Particularly the bit about the sheriff being allowed to inspect your home once a year to ensure that you've gotten rid of your "assault weapons" (one of the most idiotic terms I've ever heard of right there). To my relief I've since found that that particular stipulation has been struck from the bill, and furthermore that the bill itself is very unlikely to be passed. Definitely goes to show you that we have to pay close attention to any proposed legislation in this state though (or in Oregon, for that matter).

Anyway, that's about all the relevant information I can think of to include here. Thanks again for having me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top