JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was a blast.

Good buddy of mine had his 21yo niece about to leave and head back to WV and she had never shot a gun.

So we took her out. 6:30 in the am I had everything ready to make a good impression of freedom.
image.jpg
Planned a few things from .223, shotgun, .357, rules and revolvers. We had her great grandpas .22 out there as well.

Wish I could attach some videos but yeah, we had fun:

With her Grandpas S&W .357
image.jpg

One of my AR's
image.jpg

.44Mag Ranch Hand
image.jpg

Started small, worked up and every time we got larger and larger she kept saying "MORE, this is awesome." It was hilarious seeing her at about 110lbs shoot some 12gauge slugs.

Somewhere we have the photos of her smiles and expressions of pure joy. At the end of the day she kept saying how much she loves the freedom to be able to do this.

Some Slowmo action from the iPhone

Her finger got a little tired. There were 28 fired. The smile says it all.

image.jpg

Last Edited:
Hahahaha.

I think it's great to introduce a new shooter. One of the things I enjoy the most. Take somebody from zero knowledge to a working knowledge of a few different type of firearms so they could grab those later on and have a one up for next time.

;-)

My sixteen-year-old daughter has been around guns all her life. We put her through Hunter Safety Course even though she didn't have an interest in hunting, or much of an interest in shooting, at age 8. We wanted her to know gun safety, especially in case she was around someone handling a gun in a dangerous manner, so she would know to remove herself from that danger.

The other day she came home from school with her twin brother as I was shooting a Rossi 92 carbine. I asked if her brother wanted to shoot it, and she asked if she could shoot it, too. She only wanted one round in it, but I had already loaded two by the time she spoke up. She decided to shoot the first and decide about the second. She hit a clay-bird sized plastic bowl with the first shot at 25 yards! She decided that it was fun, and shot again, sending it into orbit! I asked if she wanted to shoot some more, but she just smiled and said she had homework to do! :p

I called her "Annie Oakley" and she just grinned. :D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads