JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno the man had no hobbies up til now, he was mechanically inclined, Ill give him that much, he loves taking things apart and putting them back together again. I'm trying to focus his love of firearms in a more positive direction, I think if he put his mind to it, he could be a great gun smith.

oh great another wacko that will find it easy to convert to full auto....just exactly what we need...is this post a troll post ....I bit.... but really having trouble swallowing the unraveling of it

At first I suspected jimmy to be a kid/kids/antigun/newspaper looking for a good article on crazy gun guys.
But after analyzing his many previous posts, the time he has been a member and his supposed location.
I'd bet he was an alphabet guy.
Either way
Jimmy go to the police and turn yourself and your friend in.
Nothing but law-abiding citizens here!
No one is selling guns to the Mexican cartels!
:s0131:

I took a friend out shooting some weeks ago, and I guess he might of had too much fun. He inherited a gun from his step father (Beretta Model 70) and now hearing him talk, I'm afraid he thinks hes some kind of freelance police officer that knows the laws. It's almost as if he looks forward to shooting another human being even though I don't think he has ever been in a situation that required it.

The man is a little, off. As far as I know he's heavily medicated for depression, but he's probably got some kind of social disorder because he can be hard to take at some times. But he's already talking about using his gun in store robberies and stuff, possibly bringing it with him to bars where he's gotten in fights in the past, things of that variety.

He's loving guns so much, he's told me he wants to change residences from Illinois to Missouri simply because our gun laws are so much better here, and he wants to conceal carry.

I hope he doesn't do an unlawful shooting, he might be the type to show off his concealed weapon just because he thinks owning a gun is cool.

I look at my gun as a tool, nothing more or less. I think the newness, mall ninjaness and the aura of it being a deadly weapon wore off after 1-2 years for me personally, now I look at guns like its a hammer or a crowbar, albeit funner to use in a lot of ways, but the thought of ending a store robbery or anything doesn't cross my mind. This guy is totally gung ho about being some kind of vigilante that looks forward to a situation that requres use of a firearm. I hope I didn't introduce firearms to the wrong person but I may have. Hopefully he matures and understands that no one should ever look forward to taking another human beings life unless its in a kill or be killed situation.

He idolizes Richard Kuklinsky which was a mob hitman who killed over 100 people, I'm not sure if this is turning out so great.

knowing this about him, what made you think taking him out shooting was a good idea? you've opened up pandora's box. hopefully nothing comes back to bite you in the rear.

I really can't do anything with the man without him being a huge liability to me. I remember once I took him out to bars as his designated driver, and he gets super drunk, where a smaller person would of gotten alcohol poisoning.

Anyways we go into my favorite gas station where Im friends with the really nice young female clerk that is working there, and he starts sexually harassing her right in the middle of the store, with very explicit and offensive sexual comments, mind you he's like 34 and shes 18.

I decided to quit bringing him to my favorite gas station altogether after that, since I don't go to my favorite gas station to let me "friends" sexually harass the workers and then use me as their getaway car.

He still acts like his blatantly offensive and criminal sexual harassment towards the clerk, that Im the one taking it to seriously, but fact of the matter is if a police officer knew about what he did he would of gotten arrested for how he acted towards that female gas station clerk.

So now the asswhole has a gun so he can go visit your favorite gas station and kidnap, Rape and Kill that sweet female attendant before heading off to the movie or a grade school near him for a grand finale. Way to go *** bucket light a fuse and dont even try to put it out. Its butt holes like you that ARE the problem!!!

Jeeze Louise! Big favor, take a baseball bat and cripple this guys hands! Then turn the weapon on yourself! You are a disgrace to upright walking primates!

I took a friend out shooting some weeks ago, and I guess he might of had too much fun. He inherited a gun from his step father (Beretta Model 70) and now hearing him talk, I'm afraid he thinks hes some kind of freelance police officer that knows the laws. It's almost as if he looks forward to shooting another human being even though I don't think he has ever been in a situation that required it.

The man is a little, off. As far as I know he's heavily medicated for depression, but he's probably got some kind of social disorder because he can be hard to take at some times. But he's already talking about using his gun in store robberies and stuff, possibly bringing it with him to bars where he's gotten in fights in the past, things of that variety.

He's loving guns so much, he's told me he wants to change residences from Illinois to Missouri simply because our gun laws are so much better here, and he wants to conceal carry.

I hope he doesn't do an unlawful shooting, he might be the type to show off his concealed weapon just because he thinks owning a gun is cool.

I look at my gun as a tool, nothing more or less. I think the newness, mall ninjaness and the aura of it being a deadly weapon wore off after 1-2 years for me personally, now I look at guns like its a hammer or a crowbar, albeit funner to use in a lot of ways, but the thought of ending a store robbery or anything doesn't cross my mind. This guy is totally gung ho about being some kind of vigilante that looks forward to a situation that requres use of a firearm. I hope I didn't introduce firearms to the wrong person but I may have. Hopefully he matures and understands that no one should ever look forward to taking another human beings life unless its in a kill or be killed situation.

He idolizes Richard Kuklinsky which was a mob hitman who killed over 100 people, I'm not sure if this is turning out so great.
I would avoid wearing a ski mask when your friend is around.

Mystery friend is:

1. Socially akward
  2. Mechnically inclined
  3. Focused on rules
  4. Prone to mental problems
  5. Has issues showing proper emotional control/behavior

Sounds to me like your friend is Autistic.

Bad, bad idea to add firearms into that volatile mix!! Stupid move, and I hope your friend doesn't hurt or kill himself or others. You might not be legally responsible, but you sure as hell would be ethically the one to blame.

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

Its his mom thats letting him have a gun since it was his step dads. I meant to say the man fantasizes about stopping a store robbery not causing one since he is deluded and thinks a gun can turn him into societies hero. Oh he has cleaned HIS (emphasis on the his because he already had a gun prior to me taking him shooting.) Gun like 4x since he shot it because he is obsessed with it. So far no laws have been broken and unless some new comes out that says people with a mental health history cant own a firearm I doubt there is much that can be done anyways.

This is a reason I don't realy tell anyone I have firearms, go hunting, go shooting, or try to teach people about firearms. Unless I really know them and Trust them with my life.
People are in general stupid. I have met people who tell me they carry guns go shooting, etc and there are some people that are just too stupid to own or handle a firearm. They are the people we see in the news all the time that shoot themselves or someone else on accident. Give us a bad name.

I've been out camping with friends and had some others join us shooting. I've seen some really stupid people I wouldn't trust with a butter knife trying to shoot a gun. I've yelled at people walking back from a firing line pointing a gun a me or others. I always tell them if your pointing a gun in my direction I'm going to assume you want to kill me, and I'm going to shoot you.
Stupid, unstable, ignorant people have no place around firearms. It's like giving a firearm to a 10 year old.

And never give guns or introduce guns to someone on medication for mental disorders!
Just look at every school shooting in history.

"You need to be careful who you take shooting!"
Yup. Many moons ago a guy we met at a motel asked if he could go along when I mentioned my son and I were going out plinking. Before the trip I asked him if he was conversant with the principles of gun safety, to which he replied tht he was. He gave no indications of not being all there. Long story short, he blew his brains out with my .44 mag. I no longer go shooting with people I don't know REAL well.
I just added this as a warning to all and sundry that you never know who is crazy and not showing it until they do. OP took someone shooting who he KNEW was giving every sign of manifesting serious mental illness who is also smart enough to be really dangerous - just like the Aurora shooter. I go along with the idea of OP being a Fed Cylon, Libtard Troll, &/or run-of-the mill cretin. Should said "friend" do somethng really depraved and evil It's a good bet the Media Weasels will dig up this thread and throw it in our faces.
I normally regard calling the Cylons on somebody as something to be done only when life is at stake (not when the neighbor's cat buries a couple of muffins in your flower bed). This is one of those times. OP, notify somebody who can do something about it - cops, his shrink, his family. You have created a monster, and bear at least some responsibility for any harm that results.
Moderator: I have never flamed another member, and don't intend this post as a flame. This thread truly alarms me.

Sounds like we need to turn this guy into the ATF. Cancel his NWFA account?

Either way Thank God he's not in the NW.

I wish when doing a back ground check these guys would get weeded out. I'm all for gun rights and would fight to keep them, but there's some people that need to stay away from firearms all together.

This guy being one of them

Only thing more dangerous then an idiot with a gun is a guy introducing and idiot to a gun.

And so you took him shooting? Trying not to be too judgemental. The only friends I shoot with are solid and I have a lot of history with.

I agree!! I have a friend that keeps asking me to take him shooting. I have chosen not to take him because he is going through a separation and divorce. He does not own any guns himself but I certainly do not want to be the one who teaches him how to use one and then he goes and does something stupid. He is a good guy but divorce type stress makes even a good guy do stupid bad dumb things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top