JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a first time rifle(Ruger 10/22) owner. My only previous firearm was 12 gauge shotgun I had in the late '70s so that kind of dates me. I took a hunter safety course in 1964 so I think things have changed a bit since then but the safety rules still apply! Since I retired I have been looking for different activities to keep myself busy and shooting seemed like a good hobby to take some of my time.

Welcome aboard!

614F0D37-1EDC-495E-B15F-684998B3FE0F.jpeg

I am a first time rifle(Ruger 10/22) owner. My only previous firearm was 12 gauge shotgun I had in the late '70s so that kind of dates me. I took a hunter safety course in 1964 so I think things have changed a bit since then but the safety rules still apply! Since I retired I have been looking for different activities to keep myself busy and shooting seemed like a good hobby to take some of my time.
Welcome. Big fan of the Ruger 10/22. When you field strip that rifle, pull the bolt all the way back to the rear of the receiver, lift up on the opposite end of the bolt to get passed the little ridge. Put it back in exactly the same way, after planting the sharp end of the bolt guide rod/spring into the right rear of the receiver, after pushing the bolt down the rod to the rear of the receiver push the front of the bolt down past the little ridge.

thats probably the trickiest bit your 1st time on that rifle. Dont forget to fidget with the safety kinda in between active and inactive when sliding the receiver back into the stock, or it will get hung up a bit.

Welcome. I have always liked shooting 22s since I was a kid.:p Next maybe a Ruger MK 2 or MK 3, 22 pistol? Great trainer.
I have a MK4, the ease of field stripping...almost without peer. 1 button takedown, plenty of fun upgrades that "drop in." the 6" gives plenty of heft for training as you said.

Welcome!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads