Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Intro and help ,wanted.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flybynyt, May 5, 2010.

1. flybynyt

flybynyt Battleground, WA Active Member

Hello,

been reading posts for some time now, and thought it was about time to introduce myself. I am 43 and a long time gun owner. I live in Washington ST, and enjoy the freedoms we have here. My wife and I are both ham radio operators and enjoy that hobby.
    Also spend alot of time with the kids, and Grand-kids!

I live in Vancouver, and want to try my hand at building my own AR style carbine. I am looking for someone in my area that would be willing to tutor me with this build. I am mechanically inclined and am sure I could do it, but learning from someone that has been there, done that, would be great. Also it would be a good way for me to do it financially as well. Plus it's nice to meet other like minded people in my area. Thanks. If willing to help, please e-mail direct at, flybynyt@gmail.com. Thanks.

Also just purchased the new Diamondback DB380 from C&C guns in Vancouver, and really like it. it looks like a baby Glock. Anybody else own the pistol?

Troy

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

welcome troy

3. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome Troy.

4. PDXFirearms

PDXFirearms PDX Member

I have 2 DB380s so I though I would reply to this thread. I have a nickel plated one and one with a standard black finish. I have shot around 150 to 200 round through both and they perform very well. I had some FTF's in the first few boxes but that seems to get better as they brake in. They do seem to favor fiochi and Selier&Bellot (Feeds like a champ and no issues with these) ammo over say Winchester White box (These gave me a few FTF's) as far as FMJ goes, but I called Dimondback and they said they test with plenty of the winchester. The Gunsmith told me that they test mostly with the self defense loads such as corbon.
    The accuracy is actually quite good, it would be nice if they came out with night sights for these, and I hear they are in the works.
    The overall fit and finish is very nice, it's much closer to the Kahr, than to the LCP. The LCP feels like a cheap Chinese toy compared to the Dimondback.

5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome troy--there are plenty of people here to get you going in the right track

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Right on, welcome.

7. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWFA!