JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stephen Yorkman, 48, is president and founder of the Prince George's County chapter of the National African American Gun Association. He lives in Bowie, Md.

Were you always advocacy-minded?

Growing up, the narrative, especially in the black community, was that guns are a bad thing. I wasn't allowed to have toy guns. What made me want to do something at a social level was the killing of Tamir Rice. Within two seconds his life was just snuffed out. It's the narrative of blacks with firearms. That's when I started researching. What can I do about this connotation? What you see sometimes, the rap artists with the firearms, okay, but come look at us: other blacks who are doing safety education. We're not gangster. We're just like any Second Amendment enthusiasts.

President of a National African American Gun Association chapter shoots from the hip

They're attempting a flanking maneuver via state by state.... the suburban and rural populations better adjust their thinking, because the threat to liberty is coming from within the urban centers in each state.
Agreed. Perhaps it's time that the 2A crowd started playing the "RESIST" game and let thier chickens come home to roost. If not, it's either comply/surrender, move or be subjugated.

Strange though, I don't see that qualification in the 2nd Amendment. Perhaps you can point it out for me.
Perhaps you missed the spirit of the thread in my comment. If you are a convicted felon, you lose your 2A rights or did that go over your head?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top