JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the current law regarding interstate travel with a rifle. Specifically an M1 Carbine. I am traveling to my Brothers gun/Harley shop in SE AZ this month and want to take it with me. He has a very good gunsmith I would like to have look at it while I'm down there.

Oregon to California to Arizona and back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

"Safe Passage" provision

One of the law's provisions was that persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas) and the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's compartment, in a locked container.[6]
An example of this would be that someone driving from Virginia to a competition in Vermont with a locked hard case containing an unloaded handgun and a box of ammunition in the trunk could not be prosecuted in New Jersey or New York City for illegal possession of a handgun provided that they did not stop in New Jersey or New York for an extended period of time.

OK cool I don't have a lockable case for the Carbine but I do have a cable lock. So I'll do that and it will have to ride in the backseat of the pickup cause it isn't going in the back., I'm not to worried just curious.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top