JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey.... I recently had a guy contact me about shipping him a complete AR upper. He suddenly came back and told me that a MODERATOR told him he can't make the purchase. Read his response.

"I'm gonna have to pass aparently It's against the law for folks that live in Washington to purchase anything from Oregon sellers I was unaware that and upper is considered a weapon purchase but it must be so take my name off the list I'm very sorry about this do you have your own web site ? You know it's kinda weird because I bought and upper at the gun show at the expo and never filled out any paper work the guy at TNT weaponry said it was like buying a loaf of bread. I might be a short timer on this site best not to anser my email .
I told a fellow I would buy his ammo I wonder if I get another warning for that too. anyway take care and have a great day.
I have been told by a moderator"

Here is the way I responded:

"ONLY pistols may not be purchased directly..... they must be sent to an FFL in Your state. Rifles MAY be picked up HERE from an FFL in Oregon By ANY WA resident..... that's why you can buy a gun at the Show. BUT....YOU can't buy a pistol at the Show in Portland. IF you do..... it MUST be shipped to a WA FFL, then transfered to YOU. An UPPER is NOT a gun and may be shipped to ANYONE.....at any time...... Try going to a website.... add an Upper to your cart and buy it...... YOU CAN...... try that with a rifle on the SAME site...... YOU CAN"T...... case closed........ whoever told you that doesn't have a clue."

TELL ME IF I'M WRONG.......someone please, and furthermore..... If a MOD told him that...... time to go back to school. IMHO

The upper is considered a part since it's a non serial numbered item. Hence it could be sold out of state. Perhaps he just didn't want to buy it but nothing you can really do about it now i guess. You can't assume a mod told him or what he might have stated/asked to prompt that reply. The mods on here are smart enough on issues like this.

Ya...... you are probably right to add that..... misunderstandings can snowball into a completely different conversation by the time we hear it.
The upper is considered a part since it's a non serial numbered item. Hence it could be sold out of state. Perhaps he just didn't want to buy it but nothing you can really do about it now i guess. You can't assume a mod told him or what he might have stated/asked to prompt that reply. The mods on here are smart enough on issues like this.

Yup, uppers are good to go.

He probably mis-understood something. Since he doesn't know that uppers are legal and not considered firearms, he probably communicated something wrong to the mod.

There isn't a mod on staff here that would have told him an upper is illegal to buy from out of state.

GLAD to know that this must be a misunderstanding rather than an education problem....I had hoped that it wasn't bad info being spread.
Yup, uppers are good to go.

He probably mis-understood something. Since he doesn't know that uppers are legal and not considered firearms, he probably communicated something wrong to the mod.

There isn't a mod on staff here that would have told him an upper is illegal to buy from out of state.

OK I am the moderator and the member you spoke to has been trying to buy a registered AR15 receiver across state lines FTF, the story he told you was 100% BS and he will now be banned. I gave the guy a chance to come clean without being banned and he continued to lie about it and then he PMed me and said he searched my posts and that he saw illegal things I did which is 100% BS! My posts are there for all to see!

Not one word he quoted you was said by me, it is 100% fabrication! I have the PM's saved as proof!

He is terminated with impunity!

See what I have is proof from his PM's he sent to the member that were forwarded to me by the guy that turned him down for an illegal interstate gun sale, a sale he had full knowledge was illegal.

All of what he told you was BS.

Want to make me the bad guy?

Look up and you can figure out who it is.

My 1st concern here is the protection of the members!

Wow..... I opened a can of worms..... I can't say who is wrong or right, but I think we can be sure that there was a misunderstanding of the Law or Miscommunication that must have occurred here. I spoke to the guy and explained the law CLEARLY and he seemed to then realize what he CAN and CAN'T do..... I think I was clear enough in the earlier post and I think we have a consensus about the DO'S AND DON'TS of gun sales and transfers......I started the thread based on information given to me, that if it were true...I thought it important to bring up. I truly don't think that the guy had ANY malice in his attempt to get away from fees, but I don't think he was quite aware of the different hurdles and how to get around them LEGALLY. Hope you don't ban him for this....as I said...I think it was more about misunderstanding the Laws.
Get a rope! :s0112:

Wow..... I opened a can of worms..... I can't say who is wrong or right, but I think we can be sure that there was a misunderstanding of the Law or Miscommunication that must have occurred here. I spoke to the guy and explained the law CLEARLY and he seemed to then realize what he CAN and CAN'T do..... I think I was clear enough in the earlier post and I think we have a consensus about the DO'S AND DON'TS of gun sales and transfers......I started the thread based on information given to me, that if it were true...I thought it important to bring up. I truly don't think that the guy had ANY malice in his attempt to get away from fees, but I don't think he was quite aware of the different hurdles and how to get around them LEGALLY. Hope you don't ban him for this....as I said...I think it was more about misunderstanding the Laws.

I am right he is wrong, I have the PM's and it is no misunderstanding, his words are clear and he states in certain terms that he wishes to circumvent the law prohibiting interstate FTF firearm transfers. He also persisted in attempting to make an illegal transfer even after the seller informed him of the illegality.

His threats to me in PM are also clear.

I am right he is wrong, I have the PM's and it is no misunderstanding, his words are clear and he states in certain terms that he wishes to circumvent the law prohibiting interstate FTF firearm transfers. He also persisted in attempting to make an illegal transfer even after the seller informed him of the illegality.

His threats to me in PM are also clear.

Trying to pull a GROSSLY illegal "shifty"? Threats in a PM? Well, in THAT case you should copy and paste his IP address (I know the website tracks those) and give it to our protectors at the local BATFE office, they have the resources to track him down with IP address alone! Wudda jack-hole that "guy" is....

As for Sam (NW Gun Guy), I've sat and "BS'd" with him for at least an hour at his house when I pre-paid for a complete Armalite AR upper, and I can tell you he's a nice (family) guy and above board. :s0155:

I don't blame NW GUN GUY for this as he was lied to, but next time he could come to us (mods) first and handle this in private and not make comments that we need "schooling". Unfortunately I deal with these things on a regular basis, it is seamless from the members perspective as I keep private matters private, when it is brought into the public forum I am then forced to set the real truth straight.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top