JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did I just make a fool of myself?? An ad in the "Reloading for sale" section was a person shown in Texas selling primers, you need to have a hazmat fee on that don't you? I PMd a prospective buyer AND posted in the ad.

Please tell me I'm not an idiot! Or I'll need to apologize profusely.....

Okay, makes sense I guess. The person doing the shipping said he is paying the hazmat.

Just seems to me, considering how FedX/UPS screw a guy shipping a simple handgun that they'd really screw a guy shipping explosives. Where when you're a dealer, you get a bulk rate deal. Would I pay the same hazmat fee as say Powder Valley? So I'm thinking it's probably not worth the cost to buy primers from an interstate situation, especially when primers are much more available at this point in time.

Mike

Hazmat shipping is hazmat shipping no matter who it comes from. Different products have different rules.

Shipping hazmat limits the amount and types of things in each shipment. Again it does not matter if you are an individual or a "dealer" the same rules apply. What really sucks is you pay the same fee if you ordered 1 unit or the max.

There is a fee and someone has to pay it. It could be built into the price of the item, it could be the buyer pays it, it could be the company pays fee if you order X amount.

How do you plan on legally doing that since USPS does not accept them?

https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm?showtab=2

You can NOT pay a hazmat fee from a company that will not ship hazmat...........

If your not interested in buying any...Fell free to move on please. Im not here to answer to anyone about laws and i made sure that how i am shipping is legal before i ever posted. 14 out of 2950 posts.. Hmm

:cartman:

This thread is not on your classified so is open for comment. Other posters asked specific questions I answered them. YOU then chose to add your comments so I responded appropriately for those that may not be as all knowing as you.................

Due to the Hassling i am getting on here about laws and folks that like to police and troll the forums and question my judgement like "Nwcid" these primers are no longer for sale on this forum.

I never questioned anyones judgment. I made direct comment based on a direct statement. There was no judgment anywhere in there.

I did not know I was "trolling". A question was asked and I answered, that is how forums work. Again it was not "trolling" when you posted after me and then I also posted on it. I did NOT come to you add and post ANYTHING, positive or negative. I did not seek out posting about you, you chose to join the conversation.

What you do is your business, but I am not going to stop answering questions others ask. What you do is on you sir, not on me.

Boy, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings here?

I'm quite new to reloading and buying of components compared to the most of you. But when something just feels funny to me I believe I need to say something. As time goes by there will be people that were as naive as I was two years ago. I don't want anyone to get in trouble due to them being newbies.

Powder Valley has fresh, Tula, small pistol primers for $23.50/1000 + Hazmat, by the way.

Mike

Is that the same Texan with a few posts that said that a little store in GA has .22lr a few weeks ago?. he said they don't do shipping though.
Doh!. thanks, man. facepalm

Is that the same Texan with a few posts that said that a little store in GA has .22lr a few weeks ago?. he said they don't do shipping though.
Doh!. thanks, man. facepalm

I don't think so. All of his 17 posts were on the "Primers for sale" thread and this thread.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top