Internet Gun Purchases w/Dual Smoking Guns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tkdguy, Dec 11, 2010.

1. tkdguy

tkdguy
    Portland, Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Has any body had any problem with this Beaverton Gun Shop assisting in an internet gun purchase with them acting as the FFL transfet agent? Thanks.

2. The B

The B
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

the only problems i've had with dual smoking guns is FINDING THEM. not three weeks ago, i was hunting all around beaverton, following their trail of new and old locations, calling the only listed number i could find and getting a disconnected number message, talking to former landlords, trying to find out where the **** they are because they're the only place that carries a holster i'm looking for... never did find them.

now i see their website says they're back at the place their landlord said they'd moved from less than a month ago?

dis some bullbubblegum.

3. deadeye

deadeye
    Albany,OR.
    Moderator Staff Member

4. biggie24420

biggie24420
    Beaverton Oregon

Last time I was there (5 months ago)..... I was OCing inside and they didn't say anything. I thought that was nice. I don't remember seeing much when I was there, a few Glocks and XDs and a rifle or two. It's funny how close they are to Beaverton High School lol

5. byronnlunz

byronnlunz
    Beaverton

FWIW, I've used A Cut Above Pawn as my FFL several times. Excellent service, just $20 total fees. YMMV.

6. spider

spider
    Hillsboro

Yeah or tornado technology they charged $35 and are super nice

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2
    Hillsboro, OR

I have used 99 Gun and Pawn on McGloughlin in Gladstone (?) several times. Last time I used them for a transfer it was $20 plus the $10 background check. The whole Dual Smoking Guns thing gave me a bad vibe the last few times I was in there when they were still open. Nice enough guys, but I think they are running on a shoestring budget and I certainly wouldn't give them any money up front for anything.

8. billcoe

billcoe
    PDX
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Ditto on these guys. A Cut Above was very friendly, reasonable $ and a great experience. Very professional. Don't know a thing about Dual Smoking Guns and can't say.