JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a Para USA P18.9 for quite some time now. They are never in stock anywhere. Keith's has had them backordered for a year and 2 months. So about 3 week ago I'm doing my usual evening internet BS. I was not even looking for guns. Well apparently I made a typo in my web browsers address bar. I hit enter and up pops BudsGunShop.com with a Para P18 and a big green banner next to it that says IN STOCK!

After explaining the cosmic significance of this chance occurrence and my views on destiny. The wife gave me the go ahead. So I place the order online. I chose to send in a personal check in order to get the 3% discount they offer. But I did secure the order with my credit card. I called them before sending the check. And they did confirm the gun was in stock and being held for me.

So I send the check and wait a week. They get the check and hold the order for one more week wile the check clears. The order goes to shipping. I wait another week. It's been three week now and I figure for sure I'm going to be in 9mm bliss any day now. I call them this morning to find out when I can expect the gun to arrive at my FFL. This is what they said.

Sir...........apparently there was an error with our computer system.............we don't have the gun.........it's on backorder. :confused: :confused: :eek::eek: :s0054:

Well this is just devastating to me. I have lost all faith in humanity and internet gun sales. And have spent most of the day in the fetal position on the couch. There is however a silver lining to this dark cloud. They have offered to sell me any gun thats in stock at cost with free shipping. I rely want a double stack 1911 in 9mm. But they do happen to have a DW Pointman7 in 10mm. Maybe it's my destiny to start reloading.?

Sorry to here that and just for your sake it is not the first gun sale gone bad through those guys. There have been a few and if you search here there is at least one that I know of from another member. I am in no way bashing them but would not buy a firearm from them. Hopefully it all works out in the end and you get what you want:s0155:

That stinks. Ive had 5 great transactions with Buds and will use them again.
Glad to hear they are willing to work with you somewhat.

Agreed...never trust what their computer says, doesn't matter on the store.

I agree...I have been lookin for a Raging Bull .44, and have seen a few that have been recently added to Gunbroker, but i am still leary...I dont have a credit card and they dont accept the debit...I'll take that as a sign....I mean gunbroker seems to be a huge site, but there's just sumthin about not being there in person & looking over the gun...I am very paranoid about buying a bad gun after I got burnt a few years back at an Expo gun show. Partly my fault by not re-searching what i want, went in there with some money & got a gun that didnt feed right and stopped working completley after a few times out...Oh well, lesson learned I guess, wont be doing that again!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top