JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I generally treat an internet discussion/transaction like I would as if it were in person. If you are polite/rude to me you will see that reflected in the way I respond, but I will respond.

Etiquette is a two way street.

Serious questions and legitimate offers, even if the seller is not interested, should be responded to promptly but not everyone responds within 48 hours.

Lowball offers and tirekicker questions/requests routinely get ignored. People who make these lowball offers or ask tirekicker questions are actually wasting the seller's time and that is disrespectful to the seller.

I'm a big proponent of if you're going to contact the seller, try to do your homework and be reasonable with your requests. Don't ask the seller about distinctions i.e. if his 1911 is a Series 70 or a Series 80 if you don't know what the difference is and why it matters. Don't ask the seller for more pictures when you know you're not buying simply because you like pictures of guns. Don't send in lowball offers and expect a prompt, warm response. In short, don't waste the seller's time. Treat them the way you would want to be treated if you were selling an item.

I'm a big proponent of if you're going to contact the seller, try to do your homework and be reasonable with your requests. Don't ask the seller about distinctions i.e. if his 1911 is a Series 70 or a Series 80 if you don't know what the difference is and why it matters. Don't ask the seller for more pictures when you know you're not buying simply because you like pictures of guns. Don't send in lowball offers and expect a prompt, warm response. In short, don't waste the seller's time. Treat them the way you would want to be treated if you were selling an item.

+1

Also, read the ad first - I've only listed one item for sale/trade here. I had a very short and clear list of items I was interested in (9 mm handguns), and I wound up - over 3 or 4 PMs - explaining to a wanna-be trader why I was not interested in his odd-caliber hunting rifle. I was not exactly polite about it. :D

I dont get why it is so hard for people to respond with a simple "no thanyou!" I make it a point to respond to every pm I get, even the stupid low ball offers or the troll that pm everyone with their trade offers.

I dont get why it is so hard for people to respond with a simple "no thank you!"...

+1:s0155:

I have replied to a number of "wanted" ads, very recently, offering what I thought the buyer was looking for, at fair prices. I've received no replies. If the buyer wants a better deal than I can offer, or if what I'm offering is not exactly what he was looking for, then I'm not offended.

But, if I've taken the time to respond, and in most cases, sent photos, I would appreciate hearing a "no", as opposed to hearing silence. It also seems, some of the folks that I've replied to, are prolific at posting want ads. Ignore me once, and I'm very likely not gonna reply, the next time they're looking for something.

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top