JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My IH truck club's show, The Great Western Binder Bee, is this weekend at the Antique Powerland in Brooks Oregon. It is free admission for visitors and a great opportunity to get up close and personal with some old International Harvester iron.

The day to visit is Saturday July 14th, by around noon most of the trucks that are coming have shown up and the show is in full swing. There is much to do on site for everyone. For kids their is typically color contests and scavenger hunts associated with the show. On site is the Willow Creek railroad, a miniature railroad kids can ride that operates on donation, there is the Truck Museum which houses a top class collection of antique and experimental trucks. There is also a steam powered saw mill and blacksmith shop, however I don't know if these will be running this year. We invite the groups that run them, but as they are both volunteer, sometimes the people just can't show up.

Regardless the truck show is there and it's free. To find it simply take I 5 to the 263 exit for Brooks (just north of Salem about about 10 miles south of Woodburn), then go west on Brooklake Road. The Antique Powerland will be on your right and should be marked with signs. The Antique Powerland is a very open area, so there will be lots of walking. Bring water and refreshments if you wish and there will be food and snack vendors on site. There will also be IH specific vendors, selling parts and IH swag!!

<broken link removed>

2011 GWBB Member Photo Album

13984d1311089850-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0881.jpg

13988d1311090588-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0779.jpg

13989d1311090667-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0796.jpg

Feel free to PM me for more info, or just post here. Also, the Binder Bee 2012 site has a few details and contact information if you've got any questions. And if this is in the wrong place or against TOS, my apologies. One last thing, the show does run Friday through Sunday, but Friday and Sunday are setup and tear down days. The modified and trail rig only vehicles are not on site Sunday as they go on a trail ride up at Browns Camp.

13984d1311089850-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0881.jpg

13988d1311090588-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0779.jpg

13989d1311090667-binder-bee-wrap-up-100_0796.jpg

I can't wait! Jen and I will have our Scout on display again, and we really look forward to this event every year.

Were you there last year? Are you displaying your IH?

I highly recommend this event to anyone with a bit of nostalgia or a thing for classic rigs ;)

Yep I was there last year, but I don't think we crossed paths. And now the Scout is still in pieces and I an trying to track down the last few parts I need to finish the engine swap. Sadly no more diesel Scout, just a plain old 392 Scout now.:D

See ya there!

Yeah, I don't think we did. We'll have to track each other down this year. Did you have the SD33/SD33T?

Yeah, I don't think we did. We'll have to track each other down this year. Did you have the SD33/SD33T?

This is Carl, I've met you a few times before. Bee the first time you came and a few club meetings here and there. I will make it a.pint to track you down and refresh your memory:D.

I had the SD33T and the weak top end was it undoing. Cracked the number 2 and 5 pistons and number 1 was on its way. So it was. 3500 buck rebuild or toss in the warmed over 392 that was sitting there doing nothing. I made the hard choice to swap in the gas engine. Sad thing was with a 33 gallon tank, 23 mpg and mechanically controlled diesel I had the ultimate BOV. Oh well, this one will be loud an fun!

I'd come check this out on Sunday. I live just down the road in Keizer.

If you're going to come on Sunday, come early, like 8-9. We've got people who come from all over the western states, and some of them get up and get going on early Sunday. Sunday is also the tear down for the show, so it can be quite sparse as far as rigs go. But if it's the only time you've got available, it's free and not to far.

If you're going to come on Sunday, come early, like 8-9. We've got people who come from all over the western states, and some of them get up and get going on early Sunday. Sunday is also the tear down for the show, so it can be quite sparse as far as rigs go. But if it's the only time you've got available, it's free and not to far.

Then it's like the Steam up, early is better.

Since you're posting in a firearms forum, and I am curious as I may attend, is this event open carry / concealed carry friendly?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I thought this may come up, and I believe the grounds are not open carry friendly. APMA (Antique Powerland Museum Association or the group that over sees the grounds) says in their guide lines that there are no firearms allowed on the show grounds. However there are no signs posted at any entrance saying no firearms. I know in the past we've had IH made M1 Garands on display with a chamber flag in them. It is the BEST place for us to have our show, so we play by their rules.

To ask them specifically you can call and talk to the APMA office
(503) 393-2424

Sorry I can't give you a better answer, but I just don't know. :)

I think most people are going to be clearing out tonight so if you were considering coming out Sunday I don't think it would be worth the effort. Sorry attendances was lighter then years passed.

Just got back and what a great time. Joe is was great running into you again and your Scout is looking better then ever. Time to get rolling on that trail rig......as if you didn't have enough to do. :D:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top