JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only problem with that is it takes away from your direction of sound. I wore them for hunting once, and it sure lets you hear better, but you have no idea where the sound is coming from.
Thanks that's good point I have never tried them in a hunting or self defense situation just at the range I'll have to check it out do some testing lol

When I duck hunt iif I'm in a blind with a roof on it I just use the the foam ear plugs and some times I don't use anything mmmmmmm what did you say haaaa I can't hear you you just fired your gun next to me lol

Thanks that's good point I have never tried them in a hunting or self defense situation just at the range I'll have to check it out do some testing lol

My hearing is such that I miss a lot at low levels. I can tell when I wear the shooting muffs for walking to my range which is about 50 yards from my house (I turn them down quite a bit while shooting, but leave them on enough that I can heard someone yelling at me).

Directional issues? I don't think they are any worse than my hearing without hearing aids in that regard. At least I would hear the noise instead of missing it altogether and I think the microphones on mine are somewhat directional - they seem to point to the front.

[QUOTE="SKrueger, post: 1860338, member: 35773" I also want to make sure that I have the time to train it, when it hits six months old.
[/QUOTE]

Six months??? IIRC this is a myth. I started training my last German Shorthair immediately after I got him at 7 weeks. As a result, he won 1st place in Puppy Division at local field trial at only 7months old.

Some people say Labradors can't be trained til 2yrs old. I say all you need is a 2x4. LOL

Two nights ago I was sitting and watching Netfix and around 11:30pm in noticed a flicker in the light coming under the blinds. Couldn't see what it was. Then, about 10min later, I saw what appeared to be a white ghost floating in the front yard. HOLY CRAP!!! I got my Ruger SR9c out of the end table, opened the front door carefully, and went out on my lighted covered deck. Saw nothing, heard nothing. I said "HEY" and got no response. A few seconds later, a huge buck came out from between my house and garage and proceeded down my driveway and down the street. Nice white rump flashing in the light from my porch. Apparently he had come over my front fence, gone from my front lawn into the back yard and was there feeding. I went back to watching tv and 10min later it happened again. I thought, HE"S BACK... went outside again and watched as two does left in the same manner. HA, it was a herd. The next day my dog had a blast tracking the scent in the backyard.

One thing from the old Army days We were supposed to leave our weapons on safe all the time, leaving the base camp in squad or greater, we chambered a round and left the safety on, but if we went out in one's or two's we immediately went hot and on return, cold. You could do could adopt similar habits and they tend to keep your awareness higher even while in base camp or home. Kind of a conscious awareness of where your safety is all the time. I would have been hot since stepping off the porch by myself.

well at least you can always go back and get your cell once the threat is taken care of. What you can't do is go get a gun when you need it. ;)

If I get injured I may not be able to get to my phone, so I want it with me. If I have to shoot a human and that human is still alive but no longer a threat, I want to be giving first aid if I can and calling for help at the same time, so I want the phone with me.

I usually carry my phone with me once I step outside the door because it is easier to get injured up here and nobody can hear me yelling for help if they are inside their house - too far away and the houses too well insulated to hear anything. Also, I am getting up there in age and if I have a stroke or heart attack, I would need to call for help.

If I get injured I may not be able to get to my phone, so I want it with me. If I have to shoot a human and that human is still alive but no longer a threat, I want to be giving first aid if I can and calling for help at the same time, so I want the phone with me.

I usually carry my phone with me once I step outside the door because it is easier to get injured up here and nobody can hear me yelling for help if they are inside their house - too far away and the houses too well insulated to hear anything. Also, I am getting up there in age and if I have a stroke or heart attack, I would need to call for help.

Brother after I said that I knew you were going to reply this way. My thought was if your going to forget one better the phone than the gun. I agree with you in every aspect and you want to have it with you.

Brother after I said that I knew you were going to reply this way. My thought was if your going to forget one better the phone than the gun. I agree with you in every aspect and you want to have it with you.
night_sky_2x.png

Interesting thoughts about cell phone vs gun. If my wife isn't home, I always take a cell phone with me when I
work on my boat. Should I hurt myself, or have any other medical problems.:eek:
Gun stays home as it's illegal to shot the otters no matter how messy they are. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top