JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
another article linked on that page is an equally interesting read...
Pffft.... "...in 2020, 45,222 Americans were killed by firearms." Let's make that sound as scary as possible and not divulge that nearly half of those deaths were suicides by firearm, right? o_O

Mental health doesn't matter as long as big scary semi-auto firearms are in the near exclusive hands of law abiding citizens. Nooo..... it would make too much sense so it can't possibly be true that our country might have a serious and ever growing mental health problem . Right?:s0001:

Last Edited:
Pffft.... "...in 2020, 45,222 Americans were killed by firearms." Let's make that sound as scary as possible and not divulge that nearly half of those deaths were suicides by firearm, right? o_O

Mental health doesn't matter as long as big scare semi-auto firearms are in the near exclusive hands of law abiding citizens. Nooo..... it would make too much sense so it can't possibly be true that our country might have a serious and ever growing mental health problem . Right?:s0001:
Over half, about 2/3rds.

Over half, about 2/3rds.
The 09/ 2021 report showed:

Firearm homicides 19,380
Per 100,000: 5.9

SUICIDES 45,979
Per 100,000: 14

Where homicides and suicides were reported seperately and the total number of suicides by firearm was right about half at 22k of those 46k.

Homicides to suicides.... anyone else see a bit of a discrepancy of where our focus as a society should be?? ;)

I guess that doesn't fit the current narrative. My bad. 🤣

You can kill yourself, just not with a firearm. As my state fired 2 of the 3 county psychiatrists because of lack of funding the same day they passed a law funding a gun commission.

Last Edited:
Kirklan & Ellis has always been Establishment RINO/Chamber of Cronyism. They're the Bush family's primary law firm IIRC... I wonder if their Ellis is any relation to the one at their D counterpart Preston Gates (yes, Bill's dad!) Ellis, thus cementing the Uniparty.

This just looks terrible from an ethics perspective.

a) Happy to take tons of money for long, drawn out, complex case
b) Shocked to win, fires client
c) Harms client by disassociating themselves from them.

Does it look like they were truly representing the client's interests the whole time? Not the lawyers, but the firm.

If I were an existing client of theirs, I'd be gone as fast as I could have my records packed up and transferred. If I were NYSRPA, i'd look into a lawsuit and at minimum a serious ethics complaint.

This just looks terrible from an ethics perspective.

a) Happy to take tons of money for long, drawn out, complex case
b) Shocked to win, fires client
c) Harms client by disassociating themselves from them.

Does it look like they were truly representing the client's interests the whole time? Not the lawyers, but the firm.

If I were an existing client of theirs, I'd be gone as fast as I could have my records packed up and transferred. If I were NYSRPA, i'd look into a lawsuit and at minimum a serious ethics complaint.
I don't think they fired the clients, as they won the case it was already too late.
They are no longer taking new 2A clients, and the attorney who took up the case quit or was fired and the firm he worked for was spineless.
Sounds like he's leaving and setting up his own practice.

What's interesting is CNN's intention in writing the article like that.
What is interesting was the very pointed back-and-forth between Breyer and Alito. CNN wasn't quoting pundits on what the justices meant or how they thought - which what the media usually does - but the justices themselves clearly spelling out their fundamental and diametrically opposed approaches to interpreting constitutional issues.

Breyer: standard liberal reinterpretation of plain language, basing new interpretation on emotional reactions to current events, and portraying defense of basic liberties as encroachment on states rights! Alito: original intent, changes in law are a legislative process, and the efforts of liberal justices to obscure case issues under review by emphasizing in their dissent some illegal activity as if that were justification for restricting established rights of all citizens.

My hat is off to Alito.

These lawyers are not dumb, and have probably known for years that they'd need to start their own firm soon. This is just a convenient transition time. The firm shows its loyalty to its anti 2A clients and the 2A lawyers keep their loyal clients.

I don't think they fired the clients, as they won the case it was already too late.
They are no longer taking new 2A clients, and the attorney who took up the case quit or was fired and the firm he worked for was spineless.
Sounds like he's leaving and setting up his own practice.

Right, I understand that - but it's the same thing. They are doing tremendous harm to a client by any activity of stepping away from them. If this is how they felt, they should NEVER have taken the case.

From an ethics perspective, it's disgusting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top