JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pffft.... "...in 2020, 45,222 Americans were killed by firearms." Let's make that sound as scary as possible and not divulge that nearly half of those deaths were suicides by firearm, right? o_O

Mental health doesn't matter as long as big scary semi-auto firearms are in the near exclusive hands of law abiding citizens. Nooo..... it would make too much sense so it can't possibly be true that our country might have a serious and ever growing mental health problem . Right?:s0001:

Article written April 1, 2013 slightly suspect and just plain old at this point not totally discounted, but they couldn't have waited a day or two. No serious journalism should be posted that day just as a standard.
If true (haven't even read past first line yet) I wonder if it hold water still to modern days.

Article written April 1, 2013 slightly suspect and just plain old at this point not totally discounted, but they couldn't have waited a day or two. No serious journalism should be posted that day just as a standard.
If true (haven't even read past first line yet) I wonder if it hold water still to modern days.
You may be right but there's quite a bit on the subject

I wonder if it hold water still to modern days.
Thread hi-jack, but.

The article may be outdated but sensically holds water to the extent that... I believe it can be univerally understood and accepted in these cases that... either through substance abuse, base mental illness, extraordinary abuse, cultism, etc.... each and every one of them was fundamentally "broken" beyond any reasonable measure to do what they did.

At least in my mind, it doesn't occur to me to ask, "'what one isolated (preventable) cause could have pushed an otherwise mentally stable person to commit such an act?"

What's especially henious to me is not the peer to peer violence but those nearly or recently past the age of majority who have made the leap to commit those acts against innocents. That's just a whole 'nother level of "broken", IMO.

Returned to the regularly scheduled program. :D

I highly commend those 2 attorneys for the choice that they made. It's actually inspiring and hope others of their profession will take due note. Going against your base values in exchange for prestige and a cushy salary is absolutely a CHOICE they are making and not simply an "industry standard of conduct" they must conform to.

Fantastic example they are setting and clearly shows their morale compass is far from dead. KUDOS!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads