JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just read a blood bank in Australia will not take blood from COVID vaccinated people because their insurance won't cover possible side effects from the vaccine..here's the question. If this starts in the USA and you was not vaccinated would you donate blood or would you demand payment for it. As I understand it blood banks expect you to donate it then they sell it to hospitals, hospitals charge patients for it ? ?. Anyhow I suppose over half the population has been vaccinated, we would have a severe shortage of blood. Blood = liquid gold. One thing for sure you can't buy it and hoard it

Most blood banks that deal with whole blood do charge something to hospitals/etc., because it costs them to take the blood and process it. They have to pay their phlebotomists, pay for all the equipment and supplies, the storage and transport of the blood, then they have to test the blood for pathogens (hepatitis, HIV, etc.). None of that is free to them and they pass on the costs to the hospitals/etc.

Now that is or could be VERY interesting to see how this shakes out. If it gets to were the US banks will not take the blood? Mass shortages. I guess the "kooks" who were leery of taking the vaccine would suddenly become sought out :D

Most blood banks that deal with whole blood do charge something to hospitals/etc., because it costs them to take the blood and process it. They have to pay their phlebotomists, pay for all the equipment and supplies, the storage and transport of the blood, then they have to test the blood for pathogens (hepatitis, HIV, etc.). None of that is free to them and they pass on the costs to the hospitals/etc.
Makes sense, I have donated at blood drives at work and never gave it much thought

Plasma on the other hand, blood banks will pay "donators" for. You can donate plasma more often too.

Caveat - I used to work in this industry (worked for a Sanofi pharma subsidiary that made the immunoassays to test for blood borne pathogens), so I became somewhat familiar with how it works.

Now that is or could be VERY interesting to see how this shakes out. If it gets to were the US banks will not take the blood? Mass shortages. I guess the "kooks" who were leery of taking the vaccine would suddenly become sought out :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top