1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

interesting thoughts on carrying a knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by speelyei, Jan 11, 2010.

1. speelyei

speelyei Willamette Valley Active Member

from Marc MacYoung's http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html

there is a lot more to the article if you follow the link...
  2. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

3. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

This is a great article. I've read it before. If you have the chance to realize there is a knife involved before you are stabbed, you're lucky.

Anyone with skill (noted in the article) that wants to kill you, their probably going to cut you and walk away while your desperately try keep yourself from bleeding out.
  4. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Wonderful site with great further links! Its fine to find a trainer who is honest about self-defence illusions and martial arts cults. He cuts through the macho martial arts crap from mercenary trainers, and points to the reality of desperate street fighting. It's not a video game---you don't get another play.....................elsullo :thumbup:
  5. SSG

SSG Lane County New Member

I have one of Mac's vids...it's good stuff...but like most 'systems' or 'solutions' to some self defense problem, there are few holes in his...

He works on the premise that your walking around crack dens, dark alleys, threading your way through killers, assassins and ninjas, with no other motivation then to slip up behind you and knife you.

Fine...the real defense to that, is not be in the mob, or a gang, not walk dark alleys and crack dens, and as a general rule walk home on another street, in a better neighboorhold...

But I guess, if you just have to walk the mean streets of the Favelas of Rio, Bronx, or South Side Chicago, wearing a Rolex, at 3am, on a Friday night...then just keep your eyes open, maintain some personal distance from peeps, and keep YOUR hand on your knife, Glock, ASP, ect..

His stuff is better suited for those that want to advice on how to fight a knife, rather then opinion on how the attack will come, reading the killer's mind ect...which nobody can do...but some martial arts guys take on a guru status...either way...if I am going into a knife fight, I would want him there with me..