JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Flawed data collection. Not all new / FFL gun purchases are processed thru the nic's system.
Would also be interesting to see a per capita list.

The state with the most gun sales through the first four months was Illinois at 4,287,494. The state has only 4% of the population but accounted for 27% of gun sales for the period.
1620512060440.png
U.S. gun sales in the first four months of 2021 surged 31% to 15,966,389. This is a record pace,

I can't remember where I read this, but, the article said Illinois does checks twice a day.. i.e. a check when the FOID card is requested and then a recheck at the end of the day.

This might account for the numbers.

Well I guess the party in charge of Chitown can blame all the daily shootings on the people who live there buying too many damn guns.
Illinois, Chicago in particular, has always had a lot of gun transfers. It's just that they couldn't count em. Now, they have countable, legal transfers to blame for their failures.

They'll say that this influx of legal firearms is what's driving their crime rates and pretending that their city hasn't been a violent dumpster fire for decades.

Same "tactic" as when they said they needed everybody's money because their dismal financial situation was because of the 'Rona.
Oh... you mean you were fine before? Is THAT what you're trying to sell? No crime before and financially solvent? Got it.

Politicians, especially lefty politicians, are different than us, they live in a vacuum where records and history don't exist.

The denial rate is 0.48%? I'd expect you'd get that from people filling out the forms incorrectly, spelling their names wrong, or being under the influence when purchasing.

Dang, Oregonians need to step up their purchases.
I was a little surprised to see states like WY, ND, and AK towards the tail end of the list.
Then l put it together that those states, A) already have plenty of guns. And, B) were not on the front lines of the 'Rona pandemic fear theater nor the AntiFa/BLM riots, two major contributors to the big gun numbers.

DC and HI speak for themselves.

Americans are predictably making their own 'Self Defense' policies.

Question: Is it just for 'Self Defense or are we seeing any 'Neighborhood/Community Defense' activities?

I have a relative whose family has had neighborhood barbecues with the express intention of getting to know their neighbors. Based on the information gathered and some investigations has classed them and approached the likely allies. Together they have formed a group that is very low key and developed contingencies and identified threats.

Do others know of such?

Last edited by a moderator:
The people on the cul-de-sac we live on can't even get along to the point of agreeing on how to run the communal well. Thank G_d we get our water from the utility district. I have no idea how SHTF would play out.

It's a mixed bag in my little piece of the woods. Hippies, a few other vets, some mask sheeple and me.
If SHTF it's gonna' be real interesting.

The people on the cul-de-sac we live on can't even get along to the point of agreeing on how to run the communal well. Thank G_d we get our water from the utility district. I have no idea how SHTF would play out.
Yep part of the reason they did it was to identify and assess very local threats. They've gotten closer with the like minded folks.

When I call police I want a cop to show up with a gun and the power to arrest. If I want a social worker or park police I would call them. That has nothing to do with supporting police or the blue line. It has to do with my needs, what my taxes are for and the limits the courts have put on me. I'd rather handle things myself but the law will punish me.

I want to see any police protection details be removed from all local politicians and have them resourced back to patrolling. All politicians can pay for protection like everyone else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top