JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a gun for sale on a FB group and I received a message from a person Friday night saying he wanted to buy it and will "Be in Bend this evening". SO I responded and said I had a deal in the works but if anything changes I'll keep him in mind. He responded again and said he will 'Be in between Sisters and Bend all weekend" So getting a little impatient I said "One more time - I have a deal in the works etc" AND I added "BTW do you have an FFL available to accomplish the transfer?" To which he replied "Ok I'll look elsewhere". So was I being 'baited' into a possible illegal FTF deal?

Maybe baited, either by an anti trying to catch you in the act, or just someone that thinks they can bypass the law. I know there are folks out there that 'will not comply', but it's pretty foolish to think you can ask something like that of a stranger. Third option is that they aren't even aware of SB941 - I am still running into people like that regularly. I did a sale to a guy just recently who told me he had only just learned about SB941.

But back to your guy, yeah, I agree with you and 308 - anything that seems off or strange or even poor communication is enough for me to end a deal.

It also sounds like the guy was one of those people who have a hard time with email and couldn't keep up with your responses :D

I doubt it was anyone Law related.

Possibly an anti or news group but I think that is slim.

Most likely a bubba looking for a new gun but not wanting to be in the registry.

break down
I have a gun for sale on a FB group and I received a message from a person Friday night saying he wanted to buy it and will "Be in Bend this evening".
sweet.....
SO I responded and said I had a deal in the works but if anything changes I'll keep him in mind.
nice, a contingency to the first sale !
He responded again and said he will 'Be in between Sisters and Bend all weekend"
ok, just letting you know "hey, if it falls through I'll be around the area all weekend"
So getting a little impatient I said "One more time - I have a deal in the works etc" AND I added "BTW do you have an FFL available to accomplish the transfer?" To which he replied "Ok I'll look elsewhere".
whoa, he thinks "ok ....I guess he has a pretty sure thing going and for the third time told me about it ....and then asks me if I have an FFL?.....moving on"

So was I being 'baited' into a possible illegal FTF deal?
totally overreacting imo....should have kept him on the hook if the first sale fell through.
you would then know for sure , and possibly make a real impact saving someone down the road but we'll never know

and then asks me if I have an FFL?.....moving on"
While I can understand it sounded like I was asking him if HE had an FFL - I should have been a bit more clear when I asked "BTW do you have an FFL available to accomplish the transfer?" which was intended to mean a shop or individual available for the transfer. Regardless one of two things - either he was NOT aware of SB 941 or was hoping he found someone who would 'overlook' it.

Being baited... Doubtful.

I can't blame them though. Being patient would have been a good thing by them, shows their age.

I agree with the will not comply philosophy, however things have changed we all know the
Prozasnki's fargun icehole emergency clause was 100% bullslitz as we are here with a law that needed to be done at once and there are no arrest, not a one. So were is the emergency. I friucking hate these guys sometimes so much waste of tax payer time and we all know the feel good law did nothing but make us feel bad. I am going to say this might have been a bait and switch OP as there are many infiltrators and racebaiter types wanting to get notoriety for something.
Just like the gun shows where they tried all over the USA to try and find some loops holes and only did when there was a screw up not a deliberate act. I find it funny our lobbys here in Oregon says no compromise yet have not helped lead a revolt against SB941 compliance. If people would have in force by-passed this law it would have become useless instead like usual lately all the kicking, and screaming we were all still hauled away to the deep by the sharks.
But lets all make sure we keep giving our money for no compliance maybe someday it will be more then just a feel good slogan.:mad::mad::mad:

I will mention however I looked at his FB page and he appeared to be of Native American decent and was from Burns so like I said quite possibly he was NOT aware of 941 - or maybe thought it did not apply to him.

I agree with the will not comply philosophy, however things have changed we all know the
Prozasnki's fargun icehole emergency clause was 100% bullslitz as we are here with a law that needed to be done at once and there are no arrest, not a one. So were is the emergency. I friucking hate these guys sometimes so much waste of tax payer time and we all know the feel good law did nothing but make us feel bad. I am going to say this might have been a bait and switch OP as there are many infiltrators and racebaiter types wanting to get notoriety for something.
Just like the gun shows where they tried all over the USA to try and find some loops holes and only did when there was a screw up not a deliberate act. I find it funny our lobbys here in Oregon says no compromise yet have not helped lead a revolt against SB941 compliance. If people would have in force by-passed this law it would have become useless instead like usual lately all the kicking, and screaming we were all still hauled away to the deep by the sharks.
But lets all make sure we keep giving our money for no compliance maybe someday it will be more then just a feel good slogan.:mad::mad::mad:

3qpnya.jpg

I really only sell to someone I know, on here or go through gunbroker.com.

Too many sketchy people looking to rob you or just wouldn't pass a BGC.

If you sell on armslist or the like I would have a friend in the trees with a clear line of sight.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top